Chapter Seventy-Two: Insight On The Past

Chapter Seventy-Two: "Insight On The Past."

WHEN THE PLANE LANDED, it was about one in the morning. The flight was delayed due to some weather conditions in Alberta, so we were stopped at the airport for an hour and a half.

My team has already gotten together to discuss the rooms, and each girl is teamed up with one other member. Each girl had to have mutual agreement on sleeping together in the same room and bed, so I was glad to have Maya, Carly, and Becca as my roommates.

However, this arrangement is not going to matter anyway, since two of us have boyfriends, and we'd rather sleep with them.

The three boys ended up getting a few rooms two floors up, and it had already been discussed with Carly and Becca that we won't be sleeping in the room.

They've made promises to cover us in case our coach ends up checking up on us, but other than that, we shouldn't be bothered.

We have about two days of relaxation, aside from two hour practices a day, until our first game starts in four days, leaving us two to get healed from our workouts and to explore a little.

When the girls and I reach our rooms, we bid the boys farewell and that we'd arrive in their rooms shortly. The only thing about the rooms is that we have to be in our rooms while Coach checks us, and once we hear his door close, we'd sneak out.

It takes him about twenty minutes before doing rounds, in which he wishes us goodnight and to be ready for 10:00 a.m. practice since our flight was delayed. Initially it was 6:00 a.m., but I couldn't be happier with the time now.

"I'll call you if anything happens." Carly says. "If he ends up going around again, I'll just tell him you went out to get a snack."

I smile at her and hug her tightly. "Thanks, Carly."

She brushes it offs with a flick of the wrist. "Not a problem."

I text the group chat with Landon, Lance, Maya, and myself, telling them we're leaving and to be ready to come out because we don't remember their suite numbers.

Maya and I leave the room quietly, Carly softly closing the door behind us and we tiptoe sneakily past our coach's room before we book it down the hallway to the stairs after hearing a suite door open. I open the hallway door carefully, and Maya closes it behind her.

"Are they across from each other?" I ask as we sprint up the stairs. Sure there's no reason to run anymore but I'm eager to see Landon again and I'm feeling oddly kinky.

"I think they're diagonally across or down the hall. I'm not sure," she replies.

When we reach their floor, both boys are about two doors away, Landon on the left and Lance on the right, closest to us. Neither of them wearing shirts, or are dressed in their pyjamas whereas Maya is only wearing a tank top and long pants, and I'm wearing a t-shirt and short shorts for nightwear. I usually sleep half-naked because shirts make me feel weird, even if they're spaghetti straps or sleeveless. The only way I can sleep in a t-shirt is if I'm not wearing a bra–which is now. Unless I'm sleeping alone, then I wear light, thin tanks to make me feel like I'm not wearing a shirt to help me fall asleep.

"See you in the morning?" Maya offers to me as she stands beside Lance and he wraps his arm around her shoulder.

"Bright and early," I wink, to which she does the same before disappearing into the suite.

I skip down the hall towards Landon who is staring at me with hooded eyes, but I ignore it, kissing him quickly before he pushes me inside.

When he closes the door behind him, he says he's going to go to the bathroom and brush his teeth, and I nod as I wait impatiently, tapping my foot senselessly and it feels like hours have passed by before he finally returns.