Work Sucked

//AN: we startin out with a short one I did while I was half awake so fuck//

Today was exhausting.

The printer jammed three times (which Koko was told to fix), stocks went down just the tiniest percent resulting in people throwing nervous fits in the workplace, and even the coffee machine mid-way through the day.

Koko trudged into her apartment, her purse just barely dangling from her hand. It felt like it weighed a thousand pounds to her when in reality it was light as a feather. She muttered something to herself and threw the purse onto the couch, not really concerned for the things that might be zipped up in it. Koko then made her way into the small bathroom, looking at herself in the mirror. What she saw looked like a walking corpse. She could see the dark bags under her eyes, her hairpiece tilted in the wrong angle, and various strands of orange locks hanging over like a curtain in front of her eyes. Koko looked as tired as she felt.

She sighed and pushed a hand onto her forehead, rubbing it. Koko couldn't believe how she looked. She hadn't looked this bad since Lloyd was just a toddler that would cry and keep her up at night. Unwillingly, she stepped out of the bathroom and shuffled her coat off, throwing that on top of her purse. Her legs like weights, she went around the corner, untightening her tie she wore for the day. She balled it up into one hand and reached out to her bedroom door with the other. Koko jiggled it and shoved it open with her arm. She expected to see her regular bed made from earlier, but that was far from what was actually in front of her right now.

On her bed was the evil overlord Garmadon. He was just laying back on one of the pillows with a blanket all curled up next to him. His red eyes glared over to Koko, looking away from the TV that was playing in the darkened room.

"Garm?" She asked, a confused look plastering her face.

Garmadon quickly shushed her with one of his many hands, much to Koko's surprise. He slowly lifted part of the curled blanket to reveal a green clad figure. Koko smiled. Her son was all snuggled up to his father, his blonde hair brushing the side of his arm. He seemed to had a gentle grip on Garmadon's arm.

"He had a bad day at school. So I brought him in here to watch some TV and...y'know...comfort him guess?" He shrugged. Garmadon still was learning how this whole 'being a good dad' thing worked. Koko gave a upbeat sigh and went closer up to the bed, leaning over the end of the bed, nearly blocking the TV screen.

"I always knew you were a good father." She said quietly, tilting her head a bit, beaming another smile. Garmadon ever so slightly laughed nervously, looking away from Koko. He forgot how nice it was to get compliments like that. Especially ones like those.

Koko walked to the other side of the bed and made caution with getting in it, making sure the springs didn't set off any loud noises that would wake up Lloyd. Happily, she curled up next to Lloyd and put arms hands around the hooded boy, her hands reaching over to Garmadon's. The warlord was hesitant for a moment, but he gently held one of her hands in his and sighed. Soon the mother had joined her son in sleep. Garmadon stayed awake however, staring at the TV. He swore that his face was on fire. What he didn't know was that he was just blushing.