Lil' Bro

//AN: Show!Verse I didn't know where to put this one so...also new cover!!!//

Sneezing.

That's all what the ninja heard the past day or so. Their 'little buddy', Lloyd Garmadon, had caught a nasty cold after his system was weakened from all of the candy he eaten. The eight year old blew into another tissue, snorting audibly.

"Could you be any louder?"

Kai walked into the game room where Lloyd was currently at. He looked disappointingly at the hooded boy who was half laying on the couch, his upper half propped up by a small stack of pillows. Lloyd crumpled up the tissue he was using, sniffed, and threw the tissue out in the little trash bin he had dragged near the couch earlier. The bin was halfway full just with tissue paper.

"I can't help it dude. I'm sick." Lloyd grumbled nasally, sniffing yet again. He lazily laid his hooded head onto the arm of the couch. Lloyd didn't like feeling like this. He just wanted to feel better so he could have fun again. The only good thing to come out of this was that he didn't need to train today.

"Want me to get you some more medicine then?" Kai sighed. Lloyd shook his head.

"No...I have to wait two more hours..." Moaned Lloyd, grumbling angrily. He took hold of his legs and bunched his knees up to his chest. He was visibly freezing, even with the black hoodie he had on. Kai noticed and rolled his eyes.

This kid is so overreacting...

"Hang tight little man." Kai spoke, wandering to one of the walls in the room. He patted at a door that Lloyd didn't notice before.

"This is a closet we keep a bunch of winter-themed stuff in. So if you need a extra blanket," Kai opened the door and revealed a whole closet full of winter clothes stuffed at the top, and two folded stacks of various colored blankets. "This is where 'ta go."

Lloyd nodded and smiled lightly. Kai gathered up two blankets, a red and green one, and walked back to the blue couch that Lloyd was continuously shivering on.

"Ok, lay down properly, will ya?"

Lloyd nodded again and shuffled down so he would be laying down on his back. He turned on his side as he was pelted with blankets by Kai. Lloyd chuckled as he was practically tucked in by Kai. He squirmed a bit, earning a laugh out of Kai as well.

"Stay still you worm!"

Lloyd laughed again and settled down, Kai finally tucking him in tightly onto the couch. He stood up and put his hands on his hips, observing the blankets he had administered. He felt...pretty proud about what he just did. The red ninja felt his heart swelling with...

Pride.

He felt pride about what he just did. He felt like this kid's big brother in all honesty. Kai blinked out of his haze.

"So, is there anything else I could get you lil' dude? Soup? Water? Soup-Water?"

"...Uhh-n...I don't think so...I'm still kinda cold..." He shivered, unleashing his hood from his head of hair. Lloyd looked up into Kai's chocolate eyes. Kai could see the pain in Lloyd's eyes. He knew that being sick must really suck with having such a small body. It was safe to stay that Kai felt a bit guilty for the kid. The red ninja decided on what to do. He bent down on one knee and shuffled up to Lloyd so he could meet eye to eye with him.

"What're you doin...g?" The blonde asked, sniffling. Kai didn't waste any time and snapped his fingers together, his hand engulfing in a small, controlled flame. Lloyd 'oo'd' loudly, his eyes growing in the presence of the fire. The small fire instantly spread a warm feeling that Lloyd was looking for. The warmness shrouded over him at a comfortable pace. He felt like he was in heaven. A nose-clogged heaven. Lloyd comfortably snuffled his head into the cushion of the couch and looked lazily at his big brother figure. He kept a smile on his face.

"Thanks Kai..." He muttered, his arm flopping over the side of the couch. The child was asleep in no less than a minute, snoring softly. Kai grinned and snapped his fire out of existence. Affectionately, he ruffled Lloyd's blonde hair with his warmed hand, making Lloyd giggle softly.

He swore then and there that he was going to be the best big brother this kid could have.

Lloyd deserved it.