Why Can't I Sleep

It was 1 PM, and Lloyd Garmadon was still in school. He sat in English class with the rest of his 'team' among all the students in other seats scattered about the classroom. They were currently reading a book about some kind of warrior from the days of old and Lloyd wasn't interested in the slightest. His eyelids were drooping, threatening to send him off into a nap in the middle of the chapter. The blonde tried the best he could to pay attention but it just wasn't enough. He was too tired for this. Lloyd's head slammed onto the book, thus slamming it onto the desk. This stopped the teacher from reading, and stopped everyone else from paying attention. All attention was on the kid who looked like he just dropped dead in his seat. Kai looked at Jay, both of them trying to hide a smile.

"...Mr. Garmadon?" The teacher snorted, poking at his head. Lloyd shot up when he felt his hair getting touched, trying to sit as straight as possible.

"Yes, Miss?" He said in the most innocent but determined voice he could form. The teacher looked at him with furrowed brows, clearly not buying it.

"You know that class isn't a place to sleep, right?" She said in a hushed voice, starting to get in his face. Lloyd cringed and drew back in his chair, getting incredibly uncomfortable with this woman.

"...Right. Wont happen again." Lloyd nodded. The teacher squinted.

"You better not let it happen again."

---

The bell rang, beginning the six minute passing time for the kids to rush to their next class of the day. Most of the kids in the classroom that Lloyd was in left by the time the bell was done ringing, leaving Lloyd, his teammates, and some stragglers.

"Greetings Lloyd." Zane grinned, walking over to him. It took a minute for Lloyd to even process that Zane was talking to him. Once everything in his brain put it together, he smiled at Zane and did a little wave, slowly getting out of his seat.

"Quite the delayed reaction, my friend." Zane said, his face changing to one that could've been labeled as questionable. Lloyd shook his head. Zane still looked at him, his unblinking gaze nearly burning holes in the poor teen. Once Lloyd was out of his seat with his book bag heaved onto his shoulders, Zane grabbed him by the arms.

"Wh-What are you doing?" Lloyd sternly asked, trying to tug his arms away. This action was futile, for he was too weak to fight the robot boy's grip.

"Hm...less strength than usual..." Zane trailed, getting into Lloyd's face like the teacher did not too long ago. Lloyd flinched as Zane stared into his emerald green eyes, as if he was searching for something in those green pupils of his.

"...A dull color. Your eyes have darkened." Zane kept going on, now backing off slightly, his grip still on Lloyd's arms.

"No they have-AAH!" Lloyd tried to growl in rebuttal before Zane twirled the blonde in circles, letting go of his arms. Lloyd spun for a few seconds before his body broke out of it and he stumbled onto the ground, flopping onto his back on the ground.

"And balance is very, very off. My testing has revealed to me that you are in awful shape. May I ask why?" Zane blinked, giving Lloyd a hand to help him up. Lloyd gladly took the hand, Zane pulling him up onto his legs with ease.

"I'm fine, really." Lloyd said with a smile, trying to trick Zane into believing that he was truly okay. Zane's head twitched.

"My sense tells me that you are lying."

Lloyd sighed. He really hated that sixth sense sometimes. He tried to think of something off the top of his head to tell Zane. He couldn't tell him the real reason why he couldn't sleep because then the rest of the team would know. Then they would for sure tell Master Wu, which would leave him with the worst result. His mother knowing.