Chapter 2

Waking up in the morning I heard my sister and my mom talking. "Do you think if I ask Mel she'll take me to school?" I got up opened my door and said "Yeah just give me a few minutes." They both smiled and said good morning. I smiled and waved before I went and got in the shower. I quickly threw on some clothes.

I walked out of my room to see Veronica holding out a cup of coffee to me

I walked out of my room to see Veronica holding out a cup of coffee to me. "Thanks." I sighed with a smile taking the cup. "No problem." She said. We walked out and got in my car and off we went. Pulling up in front o her school everyone's eyes turned to my car. Rolling my eyes I opened the door and got out to hug Ronnie. "Alright text me if our need a ride okay?" I asked. "Yup." She smiled and walked into school. I got in my car and drove off to look for jobs. I'm a bartender so I looked up and bars that were close and I noticed there was one on the south side. I drove over there and looked out my car to see the White Worm. I shrugged my shoulders and went in. "Hi I'm here for the bartender job." I said walking up to the guy at the bar. "What's your name kid?" He asked gruffly. "Melyssa lodge."I stated not intimidated by the looks I was getting. "Have you ever been a bartender?" He asked looking curious probably at the mention of my last name. "Yes sir. I worked as a bartender for the past 3 years." I told him with a small smirk. Most people think just because my dad's rich means I don't want a job. "Alright you're hired. When can you start?" He asked getting back to making the drink. "Right now if you need." I replied tightening my ponytail. "Good start cleaning those tables and getting orders." He demanded "My names Ed if you need anything." He added handing me an apron. "Okay Ed. Call me Mel." I said tying it around my waist and getting to work. I cleaned the tables and started taking orders. "What can I get you?" I asked politely. "Whiskey." The guy said smirking at me reaching his hand out dragging it down my back towards my ass. I quickly grabbed his hand and pushed it off roughly. "Touch me like that again I'll break it. Got it." I said glaring at him as I went to get his drink. "What was that about?" Ed asked. "Nothing. He tried touching my ass." I said shrugging. Ed just laughed and told me to watch out for some guys. I laughed it off bringing him his drink and walking off to another table to pick up some empty bottles. "Would you guys like some more?" As soon as I asked the door was pushed open roughly and I saw Fp walk in. All eyes were on him as he walked towards the stairs smiling at some people. His eyes met mine and he stopped for a second then continued up the stairs to an office I'm guessing. I shrugged it off and looked at the table of guys I front of me. "So, another round?" I asked with a smile. They nodded smiling back. I walked to the bar grabbing four bottles of beer and as I went to walk back Ed called out for me. "Mel! Boss wants you upstairs." I looked back and said. "Yeah I'll be right there." Ed nodded and told Fp I'm guessing that I'd be right up. Rolling my eyes I walked to the guys and passed them their beers smiling before walking off up the stairs. I knocked on the closed door and heard a gruff voice tell me to come in. "You called for me?" I asked opening the door. "What are you doing here?" He asked looking up from whatever he was doing. "I work here now." I said looking down pushing some fly aways out of my face. "Why?" I questioned. "You do know there are dangerous people here right?" He asks like I'm a child. "I'm a big girl. I can handle myself." I stated glaring at him. "Yeah I'm sure." He said under his breath. I continued to glare at him. "Can I get you anything sir or will that be all?" I asked sarcastically. "Sarcasm doesn't look good on you kitten." He said with a smirk. "I'll take a jack and coke." He said going back to whatever it was he was doing. I scoffed walking out. "Oh and drop the whole sir thing." He said as I closed the door. "Asshole." I huffed as I walked down the stairs towards the bar. I felt all eyes on me so I turned and said. "Back to it." And everyone went on about their way. I made Fp his drink and walked back up with it. I didn't bother knocking I just walked in with his drink. "No. We had our deal, and we held our end up. Your turn." He said on the phone. He sounded serious. I set his drink down and walked back out. I looked at the time and saw it was 2:30. Veronica should be getting out soon. Right as I thought that I got a text from Ronnie saying she needed me to come get her. I walked over to Ed "Ed I've gotta go. My sister needs to be picked up from school." He nodded and told me to be back at 9 so I could work through the night and that he'd have my schedule figured out by then. I nodded "Bye Ed." I shouted walking out to get in my car. As I was pulling out my keys I felt like someone was watching me. I turned around only to see Fp standing there. "Jesus! Don't do that." I said grabbing my heart. "You scared the shit out of me Fp." "You should stop swearing." He said ignoring what I just said. "Excuse me?" I asked. "I'll say whatever the fuck I want to." I stated scoffing at his attitude. "What do you want Fp." I said. "You didn't say goodbye." He said. "Goodbye." I said getting into my car. "That's not nice princess." I glared at the pet name. "Don't call me that." I said. "Call you what? Princess?" He asked smirking. "Yes. That." I said. "Well then we have a winner." He grinned. "Ugh you're annoying." I sighed starting my car taking off before he could answer. Truth is I felt that if I stayed any longer I might've melted into his looks. I drove over to the high school and saw Ronnie outside. "Get in loser." I stated smiling at her. "Oh haha." She laughed. "Why do you smell like alcohol?" She asked. "I got a job at the white worm." I replied nonchalantly. "What?! That's where the serpents hang out." She gasped. "Yeah and?" I said. "And! Mom will make you quit." She stated. "No she won't." I said waving it off as we pulled up to the apartment. "Well I have a date tonight." She smiled. "With who?" I questioned. "This jock named chuck." She said. "We're going to pops." I nodded as we walked into the apartment. "Well I should really unpack my clothes." I sighed. Veronica just laughed and went to get ready. I looked at the time and saw it was 3:30. I have 5 and a half hours so I decided to take a nap.