Chapter 4

Pulling up at the apartment exhausted from working. I walk in and see all the lights off. I quietly take off my shoes and walk into the kitchen to get a glass of water. I walk to my room and throw my shoes down into the carpet. Sighing I unzip my skirt and step out of it walking towards the bathroom. Turning the faucet on hot I finish undressing and step in the shower. What happened tonight? I asked myself. Whatever it was cannot happen again. I can't let it happen again. I stated. I take my time washing my hair and body with my rose scented shampoo and body wash. I finally get out when the water started to turn cool. Drying off and putting on some comfy clothes

 I get in bed and go to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow

I get in bed and go to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. *Knock knock* "Mel I'm leaving for school." I heard Veronica say. "Okay." I groaned back. Rubbing my eyes as I sat up. I look over at my clock to see it says 7:00 AM. I contemplate getting up before I hear my mom call for me. "Mel can you come here please?" She asks. "Yeah." I yell rolling out of bed putting on some shorts I walk into the living room. "What's up?" I ask her yawning walking to the kitchen to get some coffee. "Mel your dad called." She started. "Nope." I say before she can say anything else. "Come on Mel. You need to talk to him." She says more like pleads. "After all you've both done to ruin others lives? You're lucky I'm even talking to you." I scoff glaring at her. "Melyssa, listen we've all done bad things." She starts. "You and dad stole money from people. People who invested in You and trusted you." I cut her off. "This conversation is over." I stated walking to my room to get dressed.

 I just finished my hair when I got a text from Ed saying I didn't need to be there until 6

I just finished my hair when I got a text from Ed saying I didn't need to be there until 6. "Cool. I'll see you then." I sent back. Grabbing my keys I walked out of my room towards the door. "Where are you going?" I heard mom ask. "Out." I stated walking out the door. I'm still mad at her for right now. I'll eventually get over it. I go to walk out the front door waving at Smithers as I do. Getting in my car and starting it up I drove off. Pulling up at pops I get out and walk in not noticing Fp was in there getting coffee. "What can I get you?" The friendly looking man said. "Umm can I just get some coffee and a waffle please?" I asked looking away from Fp and towards the man in front of me. "Sure thing. For here or to go?" He smiled and asked. "It's for here." I said smiling back. He nodded and walked to the back to put my order in while I went and sat down in the corner booth far from Fp. Last night in his office is still running through my head. *BUZZ BUZZZ* pulling out my phone I see it's Veronica so I answered it. "Hey V what's." I was cut off when I heard her crying. "This boy*hiccup* basically *hiccup* slut shamed *hiccup* me." She stuttered out through hiccups. "What?" I asked getting mad. "We took a picture last night and he gave me a 'sticky maple' as they call it here." She cried on the phone. "Veronica. Where is he." I asked in a softer tone for her even though I was pissed. "We're all in gym right now." She said quietly. "Alright." I said hanging up. Walking up to the nice waiter. "Can I get that order to go? I have an emergency." I asked as politely as I could. "Oh yeah no problem." He said hurrying to put it in a box for me. "Thanks." I smiled at him. Grabbing my wallet from my bag I pulled out a $50 dollar bill and handed it to him. "Keep the change." I smiled and walked out. I quickly walked to my car and tried pulling out my keys but they fell. "I got it." I heard his voice say. "Thanks." I said. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?" He asked. "The high school." I said looking at him. "My sister needs me." I said trying to reach for my keys but he pulled them back. "Would you like me to drive?" He asked me. Maybe because I look pissed as hell. "Don't ruin my car." I said going to the passenger side. He quickly walked around and opened my door for me. "Thanks." I muttered quietly. He got in and drove off, faster then I would have but right now I don't care. We pull up to the school and I practically jump out of he car walking into the school. "Where's the gym?" I asked walking into the office. "I'm sorry who are you?" The lady at the desk asked. "Melyssa lodge. Now gym. Where?" I demanded. "Down the hall to your left" the lady looked scared as she pointed it out for me. "Thanks." I said walking briskly out of the office towards the gym. I heard the class talking as I got closer. *SLAM* I threw the door open almost breaking it. Everyone's eyes shot to me. "Mel?" I saw Ronnie running up to me. "Mel seriously don't do this. It's okay just go home please." She pleased looking at me. "Who." I asked glaring around the room. "Mel." She said softly. "Who Veronica." I demanded. "His name is chuck. He's over there." Betty said coming up to us. "Thanks Betty." I said walking over to him. "Chuck?" I said walking up to the group of jocks. "That's me and what can chuck do for you sexy." He said smirking at me looking me up and down. "Well you see my names Melyssa." I started. "Melyssa Lodge." I saw him pale slightly along with his friends. "Oh-h-h." He stuttered out. "You see I'm Veronica's sister. And I don't like when people mess with my sister." I said glaring at him making him shrink back a little. Walking closer to him I grabbed him by his shirt and brought his face to mine. "Leave. Veronica. ALONE." I said in a scary tone that would make the devil run for the hills. "If you don't, I'll personally rearrange" I was cut off by being thrown over a shoulder. "HEY! LET GO!" I yelled at him. I knew it was him by the cologne he was wearing. He just ignored me and walked me out of there. "FP IF YOU DON'T PUT.ME.DOWN." I yelled at him. "Shut it Mel." He demanded. "Oh what are you gonna-OOH" I yelled when I felt him smack my ass. Not hard but hard enough for me to shut up. Finally after what felt like forever he put me down next to my car. "Thank you. Now if you'll excus-" I said going to walk back in but he grabbed my arm pushing me against my car. "You can't threaten a teen Mel." He said looking at me. "And why the hell not!" I yelled. "He hurt my sister." I said glaring at him. "Mel. You could go to jail for even touching him." Fp said. I sighed putting my head on his shoulder hugging him. Yes hugging him. "I just wanna protect her." I said into his shoulder. "I know, but believe me jail time is not worth it." He said petting my hair. "I know." I sighed pulling back looking at him. "You need to put your anger into something better." He whispered brushing a stray hair behind my ear. "Like what." I whispered back. He stayed quiet. Just looking at me and me looking at him. I saw his eyes dart to my lips as I licked them. "We shouldn't." He said leaning in. "We can't." I said meeting him halfway. It was short lived, our kiss. As soon as I realized what was happening I pulled away. "I-I-I." I stuttered looking at Fp. "I have to go." I said quickly putting my hands on his chest Damn, wait focus Mel I thought to myself. Pushing him off me I ran to the other side of my car hopping in and racing off. Pulling up to the apartment and running in I slammed my door shut. "What the hell!" I whisper yelled to myself. No one is home and I'm glad. Pull yourself together Mel. I demanded myself. "But why did it feel so, amazing." I groaned throwing myself on my bed.
"I'm on a highway to hell
Highway to hell-"
"Hello?" I said not looking at who called. "Why'd you run?" I heard him ask. "Fp." I gasped. "How'd you get my number?" I asked. "Answer my question." He said. "Because we can't." I said to him. "I can't." I whispered. "Mel listen-" he went quiet before I heard him groan. "We'll finish this later. In my office" he said hanging up not letting me answer him. Looking at the time I saw it was 12. I decided to turn on Netflix and watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S. setting an alarm just incase I should fall asleep. Which I knew would happen. 2 episodes in I fell asleep.