Chapter 39: Alexander The Supportive

We don't fall back asleep during the night, instead, we just enjoy the warmth and embrace of each other. I sat between his legs with my own extending over each side of his torso with my head on his shoulder. My eyes were closed and enjoying the feeling of his arms around me. Not that I could even fall back asleep, I was too restless and agitated. I was also still upset with Alexander, but only a little. It wasn't life ruining.

The jingle of my phone going off in the bathroom makes me groan and Damian... Or... Alexander sigh deeply. I untangle my limbs and head into where my jeans are still laying untouched on the tiled floors. I pull out my phone and press it to my ear while trying to get rid of the drowsiness in my eyes.

"Hello?" I answer. The end is silent for a moment before a feminine voice answers.

"Hi, Mason? I'm just calling to confirm your position at the shop. You're alright for working on Monday, yes?" She asks in a cheerful tone. If I was half-asleep before then this definitely woke me up completely.

"I-um, yes of course. Thank you." I manage to get out. I scratch my head confusedly while wiping my hand over my face multiple times.

"No problem, dear. I'll see you on Monday then." She bids and I also say my goodbyes. I walk back into Alex's room and take a moment to let everything sink in.

"Is everything alright?" A deep voice comes from the bed. I blink slowly, trying to think about the call.

"I-I got the job." I say quietly and wrap my arms around my bare torso. Goosebumps appear on my skin but I pay no mind to them.

"That's great, so why do you look like you've just seen a ghost?" He says in a slow voice as I continue to digest the conversation I had over the phone.

A rush of adrenaline suddenly pumps through me and I throw my arms in the air. "I got the job, Alex! This is amazing." I shout excitedly and pace around the room with an extra skip to my step. I throw myself onto the bed and let out a content exhale. Arms snake around my waist and Alex plants a kiss to the side of my temple.

"Alex, huh?" He questions quietly and places another kiss to my jaw. A little bit of a blush sneaks its way onto my cheek but I had no idea why.

"Well you know, I wouldn't be comfortable calling you Damian anymore and Alexander is way too long and..." I trail off as his lips make their way onto my own and I can't help but feel happy.