FOUR

FOUR; MAGIC BULLET

Adelaide woke with a gasp, the slight pain in her chest slowly going away. The blonde recalled Klaus daggering her and her eldest brother dying. The scent of blood hitting her nose caused Adelaide to look to her right, seeing a note on her side table along with a blood bag. Adelaide drank the blood set aside for her and read the note, possibly by Klaus. It read:

Adelaide,

I'm sorry it had to come to this. Yes, Finn was killed by Matt Donovan and The Salvatores.  We have also discovered that if an Original is killed, as does their entire sire line. Please, stay safe. I love you, little sister.

Always and forever,
Nik.

Adelaide choked a sob before hearing a faint heartbeat that is not her own. Who undaggered her? Hearing a grunt, Adelaide's head turned to where the sound came from, seeing a very pale and hurt Derek.

Bolting from her place on her bed, Adelaide rushed to his aid, "Derek? What in the bloody hell happened to you?"

Derek grunted, "I was shot."

Adelaide gasped, "Shot? By who? Why aren't you healing?"

Clenching his arm, Derek responded, "I don't know. I don't know what kind of bullet it was."

Not knowing what to do, Adelaide bit into her wrist, forcing Derek to drink her blood.

Derek drank and looked at his arm, knowing Vampires blood can heal wounds. The wound disappeared at first but eventually came back. Both Adelaide and Derek groaned. Looking at the time, Adelaide helped Derek up, hauling him to her car.

Derek grunted for what felt like the hundredth time, "Where are we going?"

Adelaide exhaled, "The school. We're looking for Scott. He'll probably know what happened."

Pulling up to the school, Adelaide quickly went to Derek's aid as he was stepping out of her car.

Derek let go of Adelaide and hurriedly went into the school with the vampire not far behind him. The sour wolf spotted Jackson, Derek held himself up and walked towards the Jackass, "Where's Scott McCall?"

Jackson glanced at Adelaide before looking at Derek, "Why should I tell you?"

Derek glared at Jackson, "Because I asked you politely, and I only do that once."

Jackson hummed, "Okay, tough guy. You know, how about I help you find him if you tell me what you're selling him? What is it? Is it, uh, Dianabol? Hmm? HGH?

Adelaide snorted, "Steroids."

Jackson rolled his eyes, "No, girl scout cookies. What the hell do you think I'm talking about?" Jackson took a look at Derek's sick appearance, "Oh, and, uh, by the way, whatever it is you're out selling, I'd probably stop sampling the merchandise. You look wrecked."

"I'll find him myself," Derek started to walk off but Jackson reached out for him, "No, we're not done -,"

Derek grabbed the back of Jackson's neck and slammed his to the locker. Letting go, Derek looked at his hands, seeing his claws and walked away.