Chapter 9: Lovely Kisses

She sat down on her couch her hands holding onto a magazine the front cover read, " Raina Vasquez the next big hit'? She looked at the photo the paparazzi had snapped of her, it was taken the day she performed on Ellen's show. Her hands shook in fear and also in happiness. All the work she put through to chasing her dreams had come true, But she couldn't shake the thought that something or someone was missing from her life. It was not something she wanted, but rather in fact it was something she craved and needed. It was the man next door who had changed it all for her, she needed him, not only that she craved him.

She drew herself out of her thoughts when the sound of her doorbell ringing startled her, she leapt to her feet, but paused mid-step she looked down at her attire, it consisted of booty shorts and a tank top. she blushed in embarrassment, she croaked out a few words, " Ill be there in a minute"!!! she quickly ran to her bathroom and grabbed her black silk rob off its hook, she quickly put it on, its folds molding to her body, she sighed in defeat, " Guess this will have to do".

She ran towards the door, the heels of her feet slipping and sliding across the tiled floor, She finally reached the door after almost falling. She was out of breathe when she reached for the door knob, she opened the wooden frame and saw Bruno standing there, a smug grin plastered across his face. That's when she noticed the adorable dimples that were in the corners of smile, she cleared her throat, " H--Hey Bruno What's up"? He laughed at her, " Well there's the sky, But never mind that, I wanted to see if wanted to watch a movie".

She thought about for a moment and finally nodded, She opened the door some more letting him squeeze through, he had a bag in tow in his hand, " What's in there"? He looked at her, " An assortment of goodies my dear, I didn't know what you liked so I got a bunch of random things". She nodded and walked over to the T.V with him, Both sat down on the cushion filled couch, the bag of candy set down on the glass table in front of them. He had grabbed the remote flipping through the channels until he came across the movie " National treasure", The main character being Nicolas Cage. Both watched it for a while, she could feel herself getting tired, she snuggled up next to Bruno his body warming hers.

As she drifted off she swear she could feel a hand brushing her hair to the side, and small kisses being placed at the top of her brow. And the silent promise of three words that stood out to her...

....I Love You Raina...

Hour later...

She woke up to hands wrapped around her body, Bruno was layed down on the couch, their legs entangled, But what made her fully blush was the fact she was held against his chest protectively. She felt at home in his arms, not only that she felt safe. She reminisced over the words he had said earlier, ' I Love You Raina'. She felt happy for the first time in a while, with that she fell back into a deep sleep.