Chapter 13: Natalie's Fortune

She sat on her bed, a bowl of popcorn in her lap, the soft silk based pillows surrounding her small form. Lately she had been avoiding Bruno, The main fact was because of his New girlfriend, She wasn't afraid of her, she was more so afraid of loosing Bruno even more. She watched the scene of the notebook when the couple kiss in the rain, The sappy moment made her sad, But also happy. She wished for that kind of happiness, But the one person she wanted it with was Bruno. She sighed and resigned herself to getting up for the day, and walked into her closet.

She was rummaging around, when a loud bang startled her, She could hear screaming coming from next door, an almost male tone. That's when she realized Bruno's penthouse was next door, She stayed quite, The only words she heard was " Stolen Money" and " Natalie". She put two and two together, her blood boiled with anger at the thought of him being used.

She quickly got changed into a white pencil skirt, Blue blouse as well over her small frame, with small blue pumps. She walked out and went into her bathroom, styling her hair into soft curls, and small hints of make-up here and there. She made her way to the front door, her bag in tow, she knew not to disturb Bruno, he sounded pissed, and needed to let out some steam. She walked slowly towards the elevator, only for Bruno's door to be ripped open, and he bumped into her.

he looked at her somewhat perturbed, " Raina? Where are you going all fancied up?"

She blushed slightly and looked at the floor, " Well I was actually on my way out to the studio, is e-e-everything okay?"

he looked down at her, he seemed exhausted and heartbroken," Well... Natalie left last night, not only that she stole a large portion of my money".

She was shocked only slightly, But not entirely, she sympathized him, " I'm Sorry Bruno, I know you'll find someone better than her".

Both hugged each other, only to pull away and stare deep into each others eyes.

Both owned the whole level of the building they were in, so they had some privacy.

Both slowly leaned in, But Raina snapped out of it quickly. she awkwardly rubbed the back of neck.

" Hehe, ahh well I've gotta get going, see you around Bruno".

With that she shot off the the elevator, not noticing a small smirk growing on Bruno's ever present face.