I am sorry.

Little tears welled in small Richard's eyes. His jaw trembled as he tried to keep them from coming.

   "What, do you mean Bwuce," he scowled.

   "I mean 'no' Dick! You can't go out today," Bruce stated calmly." There is a blizzard."

   "But, I have to go visit Mami and Tati. I HAVE to." Dick's tears finally broke. They ran down his face racing to his chin.

   Bruce crouch in front of Dick, wiping the tears from his face.

   "Dickie, they don't want you to get sick just to go see them today. They understand," Bruce reasoned, but Dick crossed his arms on plopped his butt onto the floor.

   "No I have to see them! I need to make sure they aren't scared!" He glared at Bruce.

   "Dick, they are alright. Trust me, they are very, very brave. Now come on. Do you want Alfred to make hot chocolate?"

   Dick shook his head. Bruce sighed, and slowly put his hand on Dick's arms to pick him up, when Dick let out a scream. It was full of hatred, as it scratch his vocal cords.

   Bruce jumped in surprise, releasing Dick. Dick sat with his arm crossed in front of his chest as he glared at Bruce. Alfred came running in.

   "Is Master Dick alright?"

   "Yes Alfred. He's just throwing a tantrum." The butler nodded and patted Bruce's shoulder, then leaving the room.

  "Richard, we do not scream like that," Bruce scolds as he arms crossed.

   Dick screamed again. Bruce's eyes went wide.

   "Richard, what did I just say. Do you want a spanking?"

   Dick just screamed again.

   Bruce walked up to him and yanked him up, and softly, in his standards, hit Dick's bum.

  Dick gasped as he stared wide-eyed at Bruce. That was the first time Bruce has ever hit him, actually any one for that matter. Dick's cries hardened. Dick ripped himself from Bruce's grip and ran.

   He ran to the door, flinging it wide open and racing out. The storm engulfed him.

   Bruce ran to the door.' Why did they hurt me so much," he asked himself. It hurt to do that to Dick. The look he gave Bruce squeezed his heart so badly.

   Bruce quickly grabbed his and Dick's coat and ran to a car. He pulled out of the drive way to look for Dick.

   Dick could die in this storm, is all Bruce could think of. He would lose someone else.... a son.

()()()()()()()()()

Bruce had a basic idea of where Dick was so he drove there immediately.

In between the two graves of his parents, little Richard lays shivering in the snow. Some tears had frozen to his cheeks as he had no more tears to cry.

Soft footsteps came to the grave. Gentle and warm hand pick up Dickie, bring him into a much warmer place against Bruce's chest.

Bruce pulled his opened jacket over Dick, resting his freezing body against Bruce's abdomen. He quickly walked back to the car, trying to get them out of the storm.

Even though he knew it wasn't safe, Dick was curled up against Bruce as he drove. Dick's eyes finally closed all the way as he fell asleep.

()()()()()()()()

The storm splattered against Dick's window, as it startled him . He sat up and the toasty blankets slid off.

Where's Bruce?

Dick's little feet reached for the ground. He pattered to his door, down the hallway, and to Bruce's room. He was filled with so much guilt little tears sprang into his eyes.

   Slowly and quite the door opened, to reveal a peacefully sleeping Bruce. What a strange sight. Dick gently made his way around the bed and onto the other side. Crawling onto the bed, he set his small chest against Bruce's back, listening to the stead beat of his heart, that over powered the storm's cries outside.

   Dick's eyes drifted close.

()()()()()()()()()()()

   Bruce looked over at his asleep son. He softly turned and pulled Dick to his side. Dick's eyes fluttered.

  Out of his tired small body, he managed to whisper," I'm sorry Bruce."

   "I am too Dick. I love you."

   "I love you too Tati."

A/N

  There you go guys! Hope you enjoyed! I did not mean to take that long! It was completely unintentional. I started school a month ago and have been extremely stressed.

   So that you for being patient and supporting my book. I love all the feedback you guys send. Please if you have any requests please send them! I would love to know what you guys want!

   I love you guys with all my heart!!!

xoxo

nightgirl2021

(Lane)