Hearts

Bruce turned over in his bed. He couldn't sleep. Why?

  Then slowly it came to him. He was all alone. Richard wasn't curled up on his back or snuggled into his chest.

  Bruce rolled over and ran his hand up and down the empty bed, feeling for Dick. He quickly sat up and pulled back his covers. There was nothing there.

  Dick was in bed with him when he fell asleep! Where did he go? Did someone take him?

  Bruce sprung from his bed at the last thought. He raced around and searched every corner of his room. Nothing.

  He sprinted to Dick's room and flung open the door. The bed was empty. He went to the other side hoping maybe he was on the beanbag or fell asleep playing on the floor. Nothing.

  He raced down the stairs and into the kitchen. He turned on the lights and hoped Dick was just getting a snack.

  Then he heard it. A little whimper. Bruce softly walked towards the living room, and hid against the doorframe. He peered around to see Dick sitting on his knees in the middle of the room. Dick tilted his head up and his face was illuminated from the moonlight shining through the huge windows.

  Tears left red trails down his face. His eyes were puffy and his nose kept running. Another sob tried to escape Dick's lips but he quick cover it with his hand. He squeezed his eyes tightly and let his head slowly fall to the floor only to bring it back up.

  His eyes opened again and Bruce finally followed Dick's eyes. He was looking at the poster of his parents.

"Mami, tati, imi pare rau. Mi-e dor de tine. Am visat uneori că sunt cu tine, înapoi în circ numai pentru a te trezi. Și când o fac uneori, am uitat că ai plecat. Te rog, vino înapoi. Mami, tati, te rog," (Mommy, daddy, I'm sorry. I miss you. I sometimes dream that i am with you, back in the circus only to wake up. And when I do sometimes I forget you are gone. Please, please come back. Mommy, daddy, please) Dick pleads into the air, hardly audible to Bruce, yet Bruce is able to understand it all.

  "I love Bruce, but I can't help but miss you." Dick buries his face into the rug and cries.

  Bruce can't stay hidden any longer. His baby needs him. He softly enters the room and comes behind Dick. Gently he touches Dick's shoulder and he jumps quickly looking back through puffy eyes. Dick raised his arms to Bruce, telling him to pick Dick up. He did and pulled him close in to his chest.

  Dick shoved his face into the crook of Bruce's neck and began letting out heart wrenching sobs. Bruce pulled Dick even closer and kissed the top of his head.

  Bruce carefully backed up to the recliner and sat down with Dick holding tight to him. He starts to rock the chair back and forth with his left foot.

  After a while, Dick's sobs grow softer." Why does it still hurt," he whispers into Bruce's ear.

  "It hurts because you loved them," Bruce simply yet gently replies.

  "Will it ever stop."

  Bruce put his hands on Dick's cheeks and looked him straight in the eyes." I'm sorry, but won't stop hurting. But after a while you just get used to the pain and it becomes a reminder of the love you had for them."

  "Does your heart still hurt?"

  Bruce nodded." All the time, but now I have a family again. I have you and Alfred. Our parents wouldn't want us to be sad anymore. They want us to be happy, and now I'm happy again. Because I have you."

  Dick smiled softly." te iubesc."( I love you)

  "te iubesc Mai Mult,"( I love you more) Bruce stated and pulled Dick back into his chest.

Dick curled up and listened to the thumping of Bruce's heart, knowing that he owned a part of it. Letting the love that pumps through it lull him to sleep.

a/n
I'm so sorry this took so long. I'm just a huge procrastinator, not going to try and even lie... sorry!
  Anyways hope you enjoyed and leave suggestions on what you want to happen.
  I will be continuing with all my books if you happen to read them, i've just been in a really baaaaddd writers block. So it's is truly a surprise I finished this one.

  So I love you all and thank you for reading!!

xoxo nightgirl2021
(lane)