👀 Unaware

No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.
Elizabeth Bowen

CROW HILLS TOWN
ABANDONED WAREHOUSE
SATURDAY MORNING
9:45 AM
TERRENCE JAMES

The continuous dripping of water breaks the monotonous silence, making the silence a living thing. Opening his eyes slowly, he closed it again from the glare of the morning light. Trying the second time, he was finally able to open his eyes to check his surroundings.

The first thing he noticed was the ground he was lying on, he could feel something slippery and thick sticking to his clothes, raising up his hand, he noticed his hand felt heavier than normal.

What happened? How did he get here?

CROW HILLS TOWN
THE JAMES HOUSE
FRIDAY MORNING
11:56 AM
TERRENCE JAMES

He hates parties more than anything. But he hates the feelings, the feeling of not belonging, the feeling of being different. He hates those feelings above all else.

However, as a seventeen year old, it was expected of him to socialize. The expectation of the society weighed above his feelings of wanting to be alone. His mom always accused him of spending more time on the internet than he spends talking to real people that surround him. What does she know? No one seems to understand him.

The family therapist thinks it was a type of teen angst, what does he know? Though after eight months of talking about his feelings in the presence of all his family member and the therapists. You know they call it Family therapy, yet none of them understand him. He made a decision and started pretending like he was getting better. They stopped going to the therapist and he went back to his online life, though he had to keep up appearances.

The constant bickering between his best friend, Lao Knight, and his younger brother, Togan, drifts across to him. They've been at it for the past forty five minutes since Lao arrived at his house, He just tuned them out again, concentrating on the person he was chatting with online.

It was a new site he just came across, he has paranoia about all social media especially facebook, Instagram etc but he loves all the friend finder chatting sites. He has account on several of them.

The person he just met claimed to live somewhere closed to him, but the suspense was killing him. Their town was neither small nor big which means everyone knows each other. The description this person was giving him didn't fit any resident of their town.

That was one of the reason he agreed to go to the party. The party which was organized and hosted by the football jocks of Crow Hills High. He was aware it wouldn't be a gathering he would've enjoyed. He just wanted to see his new friend who claims he lives close to him.

He stands up from his reading table and stretched, he smiled when he heard his bones popping. Watching his brother and friend argue about an anime character, he shook his head and walked out of his room.

Crossing over to the room opposite his, he knocked, with a feminine voice answering a loud 'enter', he opened the door and stepped inside.

Lying flat on the bed was his youngest sister Talia, who was talking to their dog Juz. His twin sister was busy mixing up music on her computer and she barely lifted up her head to acknowledge his entrance. He flopped down on her bed and turned towards her.