part three

Why was her head flashing?

I lay her slim, boney body on a clear work bench and looked at her head closer. The flashing was coming from just below her (y/h/c) hairline. It was a red flashing light that was faint, since it was under her pale, porcelain skin.

I would cut open her head and look inside, but she'd wake up with another scar. I took my enhanced scanner and held it over her body to see what disease she's carrying, as well as what could be flashing in her head.

After a few seconds of scanning, information popped up on the screen of the scanner.

'Physical diseases: Stage 2 cancer of the lungs and chest.'

Explains the paleness, loss of hair and drained colour of her eyes. It was only stage two, meaning if we acted quickly and get her some chemotherapy, it will be easier to tackle. Despite being the smartest being in every conceivable universe, cancer is something even I can't cure in the click of my fingers. It's just the flash in her head that was more concerning right now. Every time I got close to it, it flashes quicker, however when I am around two meters away, it turns off.

I was bored of waiting around, so I injected her with a syrum that will wake her up immediently.

r e a d e r p o v

I felt a sharp stab in my right arm so I jolted up and panted. I began to sweat and panic.

"Where am I? What the fuck happened? This isn't home. Where am I? Wh-"

"Calm down, kid." A man with a husky voice spoke, inturrupted me.

My head spun around to see a man, around 50-60 years old. He had grey skin, alcohol stained teeth and bags under his colour drained eyes. His hair was baby blue and stuck up in spikes, his monobrow matched the colour of his spiked hair. He had a small amount of, spit? Alcohol? I couldn't decide, dribbling down his lower lip. He was tall, around six foot two? He was wearing brown kahki's with a black belt. A baby blue long sleeved t-shirt and white lab coat decorated his top half.

"You're in my lab. You fain(burp)ted in dimension 17F. My grandson wanted me to help you, so I brought you here." The man explained, folding his arms and staring at my cold eyes.

"Sorry, this is a lot to process right now. Where am I? Like dimemsion?" I asked, crossing my legs on the bench.

"Oh wow, you're British. I've just realised that." He said, amazed at my accent. "Y-y-you're now in earth dimension C-137, or America. D-do you live in America?"

My stomach sunk and my eyes grew wider. I blinked at him and he lifted his head up.

"Do you even know? What do y(burp)ou know? Tell me what you know." The man questioned me.

My palms grew sweaty, and my head became heavy. I let out a deep sigh and furrowed my eyebrows. "I literally just met you, why should I tell you anything?" I snapped.

"Kid, I don't care. If you don't want help then fuck off o(burp)ut of my garage. If you do, j-j-just tell me who you are and what you know." The man explained harshly to me.

My eyes widened and I let out a shakey breath.

"Okay, well my name is (y/n) (y/l/n), I'm from Manchester UK, I'm nearly 30 and, and." I explained, thinking really hard to think of more things about me, but that's all I could remotely remember.

"O-kay, so you don't know a lot, why were you living in dimension 17F? How did you get there? How've you got cancer?" The man questioned, without belching or stuttering like he usually did.

"Okay, listen, about three years ago I was just as a night club, enjoying my night and this, thing, yanked me out of the club and knocked me out. Next thing I knew I was in some sort of operation room, I was strapped to this chair so I pulled myself out of it and looked around. A thing gave me bottles of pills and it made me pass out. I woke up on the floor of whatever dimension you said in agonising pain and, yeah. Stayed there for three years, collecting up a tab bill of nearly £5000 at the bar I was constantly at, and now I'm here. Happy now?" I snapped.

The man stared at me in amazement, almost like I was out of the ordinary. My skinny, unfed arms were angrily folded across my chest and my eyebrows were harshly furrowed. He eyed me up and down, almost like he was assessing me for an experiment.

"I have an incurable disease, I know. I'm dying I know. It's for the fucking better. So instead of hauling me in your garage, just take me back to where you found me, please. I'm better drinking my life away." I said, letting a few emotionless tears fall down my three year tear stained cheeks.

r i c k p o v

I saw (y/n) let out a few tears, but my interest in her is growing. The flashing light in her head, her disease that I have been searching a cure for since I started my science career and she just intrigued me.

I cleared my throat and stepped towards her and placed my hand on her arm as a comforting gesture. She looked down at my hand and back up at me, giving me a lopsided smile.

"So," (y/n) began, wiping under her dull eyes to remove her tears. "Who are you?"

"Me? That I can't rea(burp)lly tell you." I explained, quickly taking my hand away from her arm and grabbing my flask. She threw me a stern look and I sighed.

"I'm Rick Sanchez." I sighed, looking at the floor and back up at her. I noticed the immediate amazement and fear in her eyes.

"R-Rick Sanchez? As in the one who mass murdered 256 Gagablag's?" She stuttered, pulling her stick legs closer to her chest.

"They were trying to kill my best friend!" I yelled in defense.

She gulped and let a few tears fall again.

"Look," I began, stepping towards her taking a hold of her hand, but she flinched, so I moved my hand away. "I want to h(burp)elp you. It's very fucking rare th-that I help people. But i-i-if you don't want my help, then fuck off out of my garage." I snapped, furrowing my eyebrows at her again, getting angry.

Her grip on her legs loosened and her face fell to curiosity. "Why do you want to help me? You abducted me from another planet." She asked, jumping off the work bench and looked up to me.

"I've been trying to find a cure for cancer for years, ever since I started my research in science. It's been labled as the 'most incurable disease' ever. But I find that to be a load of bullshit. Do you want my help or not?" I asked, holding my hand out.

She stared at my hand then back up at me. She hesitantly took my hand and shook it. A small smile formed on my face, but soon got swept away when I heard someone knock on the garage door. I opened it to see Morty.

"I-i-is she okay now Rick?" Morty asked, looking past me to see (y/n).

"M(burp)orty, this is (y/n). (y/n), this is my grandson, Morty." I explained.

Morty stepped towards (y/n) and held his hand out. (y/n) started to rock back and forth, and fell backwards. I ran as fast as I could to catch her. I looked at her head again, and it was flashing, again.

What the fuck is going on?