part thirteen

r i c k p o v

time skip; a few weeks

It had became brutally apparent that (y/n) is definitely broken, close to unfixable mentally. I had been extremely harsh on her too - the bitch ass mood swings, the bluntness, shouting at her for still smoking, shouting at her when she has a drink - and my guess was that I wasn't helping her mood at all. As most people know, I hate emotions, I hate feeling them, I hate when they're too apparent and I despise people around me that do nothing but have an emotional connection, it impeads my work. But I have also learnt over the few months of knowing (y/n), that being vulnerable and in tact with emotions helps massively to the everyday life.

Before I knew (y/n), it was easy to get things done, such as building something, adventures with Morty, talking to other people, fighting with someone, etc. Now that I know (y/n), my life has changed drastically. Getting stuff done hasn't changed, it maybe slightly easier, but being in touch with my emotions is kind of helping me through my work. Morty hasn't changed, he's still a whiny piece of shit, Summer is still an uneducated phone addictive teenager, my daughter is still a paranoid and alcoholic mother and (y/n) is still broken, and I don't know what to do to help.

I decided to not see her again, but this time telling her I won't see see her instead of ignoring her completely. I was hard working on her treatment from the few weeks of not seeing her, and I am making a lot of progress. It's no where near complete but it's a step up from having nothing. I was not sat in my garage aimlessly throwing around a bouncy ball at the wall - bored out of my mind. It wasn't late, but no one was home. Summer was at her friends house, Morty was at the school dance and Beth was on a triumph date that Jerry set up, in an attempt to come back into the house. I was bored, I wonder how (y/n)'s doing?

r e a d e r s p o v

I'm OK I guess? Sure, I'm not in the best mood since I opened up to Rick, but I feel like at some point I was going to tell him. I'm still the same, with the same daily routine, with the same daily thinking - so nothing has changed. Ever since me and Rick have gotten closer, my life hasn't really changed. Besides the fact that I have an insane scientist by my side constantly, nothing has changed. I love Rick, but can I see a future with him? Kind of, but also kind of not. The best thing I can see happening is my cancer going away and then leaving, maybe going back to the UK, or back to 17F, I don't know, I'm not a psychic.

I'm just sat alone in my motel room now, smoking a cigarette; not caring if I'm at the open door anymore. I haven't seen Rick for a few weeks, but he's been messaging me and calling me so that isn't so bad this time not seeing him. I was staring at the fan above me and listening to the motel TV channels, what a life. No, I can't really say that. Rick has taken me under his wing to help save my life for nothing in return, come to think of it, my life's pretty fun at the moment.

As I took another drag from my cigarette, a green void - which now I think about it, it's really a portal - appeared next to me. I knew Rick was going to come through, so I quickly sat up and swung my legs up and down the side of the bed. Rick came through, but he weren't dressed the same. He had boots on instead of what he usually wears, he has his lab coat on, but it's laced with straps and a badge that had an "M" in the middle. He held a gun towards me and a stern look on his face.

"(y/n) of earth dimension of C-137, you're under arrest for crimes against the citadel, President Morty has called for your arrest." This Rick said, who sounded exactly like mine.

"What? I genuinely have no idea what you're on about!" I shouted, rising to my feet. Two other Rick's walked through, looking the same as the first, pointing a gun at me.