part eight

time skip; two weeks

It has been two weeks since my sudden obsessive realisation and it's been playing on my mind since then. Me and Rick have been spending a lot to too much time together. Rick has been spending nights at my motel room instead of with his family. I just can't help but feel bad for Rick's daughter, he left when his daughter was young and showed up on her doorstep after years of not being there. Rick told me that, although he never explained why he decided to leave.

He's told me a lot about him, well what I would consider a lot. His life is chaotic and insane, I'm sure what he told me is the smallest fraction of his life. However despite everything he's telling me, I refuse to tell him anything about me. My life is and feels like the definition of depression.

It was a monday, and I was in my motel room, feeling malnourished and smoking another cigarette. After a few minutes of standing there, I saw Ricks car pull up in the car park. For a while now, I've been avoiding smoking around Rick, because he really doesn't like it. I think it's because he's helping me, well trying. But life's getting to be a lot right now, so I am one hundred percent past caring.

"(y/n), for fuck sake." Rick snapped when he saw the stick of tobacco gripped firmly between my chapped lips.

"Zip it," I snapped.

"You know what, I don't care anymore. Do what you want." Rick sneered at me, and began to walk away back to his car.

I threw my cigarette on the floor and caught up with him, and I grabbed his arm.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Rick snapped at me. "You can't waltz up to me and expect me to be okay with you grabbing me."

I'm no psychologist, but something is up with him. I shot him a concerning look, and he rolled his eyes at me and snapped his hand away.

"Rick, tell me what's up, there's no way me having a smoke has triggered you this much." I explained.

His face fell emotionless, he carried on walking to his car. I didn't chase after him, there wasn't a point. He got in his car and flew somewhere unknown.

What the hell has happened?

r i c k p o v
time change ; 2 days before

After collapsing the galatic government, there wasn't much to do, they're still after me, but those bug fucks are boring me now. Having nothing to do meant I was working way to hard on (y/n)'s cure for her cancer, and I needed a break.

"Morty!" I yelled from the garage.

Morty swiftly entered the garage with Summer following him.

"Adventure, now." I demanded. Morty and Summer nodded.

I shot a portal at the garage door, we went through and Summer clocked on to me straight away.

"Grandpa Rick, really?"

"What?"

"We're on a planet U-Unity unified, we're n-not that d-d-dumb." Morty butted in.

I shrugged my shoulders, and walked towards Unity. Unity looked me up and down, a devious smile swiping across their face. Summer and Morty walked off, leaving me alone with Unity while I spoke with Unity.

"Un, I see that your operation has grown." I said, talking to a woman that got off the bus.

"Well, last time I left you stranded on that planet, I was so hurt that I just unified species after species like I did last time." Unity explained.