part nine

r i c k p o v

I don't know what I was thinking. My own scientific experiment - I should stop calling her that, but that's all she is to me, and that is it. So, why was I kissing her?

I pulled away, and saw my huge and wide eyed experiment staring at me, confusion and concern flooding her face.

"I'm sorry." I said, emotionlessly. I turned around on my heels and started walking back to my ship. I sat in the drivers seat, paralysed by this thing we call heartbreak. I clutched onto the wheel of the car harshly, contemplating what I'm going to do now. I daringly turned my head to face (y/n)'s motel room, where she was staring into my car, using her boney elbows to lean on the banister outside her room for support.

I let out a disappointed sigh, and rested my head on the wheel of the car. Over the past month of knowing (y/n), I have been ever so surely getting intact in my feelings again, but so slowly it was unnoticeable by anyone. However, Unity knocked my feelings back down to the core of my deathly soul. After years and years of having no feeling for any love or destruction I created, it was a slight relief to have some emotion back, but everything that's good gets ripped away from you. Like I say, the universe takes smart people for a ride, and it's clear I never get a fucking break.

My contemplation got interrupted by the opening of the passenger door. I took my forehead off the steering wheel to see (y/n) climbing into the passenger seat.

"Tell me what's up." She said sincerely.

"No." was I all I could snap at her.

"Please."

"Why (y/n)?"

"Rick, I know you're an emotionless person, but that, just there - that was a losing battle." She explained to me, slowly losing her strength to talk.

"Fine." I shouted.

Her head twisted towards me in shock. I didn't explain, and I wasn't going to. I'm going to show her. Her head faced outside the window as we began to float above the gound and fly off into space. On our trip, a bitter cold silence filled my ship, no movements or interactions would be detected. We drove to 4830372, the planet Unity unifed.

I landed the ship some what far away from any civilisation. (y/n) looked around, no emotion on her face.

"Okay, cool, we're on a different planet, but I still don't have an explanation." She stated sarcastically.

I grit my teeth together, "Get out." I growl, trying to contain my anger.

(y/n) stares at me, fear crossing her path. She hopped out of the car and stood outside, waiting for me. She stood sideways on, facing forward, and I noticed things about her physical body I never noticed before.

I knew she was malnourished and deathly skinny, however, her rib cage and hip bones could be seen through her skin. Her skin was another troubling aspect, again, I knew she was extremely pale, but she was transparent. Her veins were vibrant, her hair was turning grey, her eyes drained of colour and life. She was getting worse, falling apart, in pain, emotionally lost, and here I am being a salty ass little bitch.

I got clocked out of my own train of thought by (y/n)'s boney knuckles clicking against the closed pssenger window. I sighed defeatedly and dragged myself out of my car.