The Job of a High School Chef!: 2

"Um...are you sure about this, Mei?"

You breathed out as you opened your eyes. "Believe me, if it was simple, we would've been done three hours ago."

She had a very scared look on her face as she glanced down at the heels she was wearing. "Isn't it a bit weird to wear heels when I'm dressed like a guy?"

You pinched the bridge of your nose. "I know. Just trust me, okay? If you can master dancing in these first, your balance will be perfect no matter how you dance or how you are dressed."

You placed her hand on your waist and put your hand on her shoulder. "The lead clasps the follower's right hand in their left." She did as you instructed and took your hand.

"Next, the lead places their right hand to cup the follower's shoulder blade."

"Uh...like this?"

"Yes. Stand with backs straight, upright, and knees loose."

"Okay..."

"Start with left and right feet together."

"All right."

"Step diagonally with your right foot."

"Step together, then step back with your right foot."

You couldn't hold back the smile that was forming on your lips as she did every direction you said perfectly.

"And finally, step diagonally with your left foot, then step together again."

When she stepped together, you pulled away to applaud her. "Wow, that actually went better than I thought it would."

*Knock* *Knock*

You both turned around at the sound of someone softly knocking. The door was cracked open and a head was poking out, but when you both saw her, she opened it wider and stepped inside.

"Sorry, I don't mean to intrude. Haruhi, are you taking dance lessons?"

Once Haruhi saw her, she straightened up and smiled. "Oh! Miss Kasakazaki, I'm sorry, I didn't see- oh!"

She had been starting toward her, unfortunately, the heels that she was wearing had completely slipped her mind.

Kanako glanced down at the fallen Haruhi and tilted her head. "Are those heels?"

You covered your mouth in an attempt to hold back your laughter as you stepped over Haruhi and bowed your head. "Oh, uh, good morning, Miss Kasakazaki. I'm sorry, but Haruhi isn't taking any customers today."

You glanced to the side as Haruhi managed to stand up.

You managed to look her in the eye. "I'm sorry, I'm kind of tired from teaching Haruhi to dance in time for the party and I'm the only chef who will be preparing the food and drink for the event."

You glanced at Haruhi one more time as an idea began to form. "I, uh, hope this isn't too much to ask of you, but can you help by being Haruhi's dancing partner while I begin planning the food that will be present?"

Her eyebrows rose up, but a smile formed on her lips. "Of course. I'd be happy to."

. . .

"Quick, quick, slow. Quick, quick, slow."

Kanako smiled as she and Haruhi danced across the room. "Good work, Haruhi. Now, on the slow, you should bring your feet together. Remember, the gentleman always leads."

"Uh..."

"And make sure to look at the Lady you're dancing with."

"Got it."