Beware The Physical Exam!: 1

While walking down the dark, empty hall of the large building, you held the object in your arms close to your chest. Your breath was shaky, your eyes wandering everywhere in slight paranoia and your body was stiff, the entire atmosphere felt nerve-racking.

"There you are, Mei."

Hearing the voice address you set alarms in your head as you immediately closed your eyes.

"Where do you think you're going? You're supposed to be on stage by now."

Your lips began to tremble as he approached you, but you refused to open your eyes and only shut them tighter.

"I...I don't want to go, father. Please don't make me."

Each step he took made your heart beat faster and louder.

"You dare disobey me? Don't turn your back to me, young lady!"

Tears began spilling from your tight lids as you began running in the opposite direction.

"Mei! Get back here right now!"

"Mei!

"Mei!"

With a sharp gasp, your eyes opened up. You shot up from where you had been lying and noticed the twins were right next to you with actual concern on their faces. You began breathing a little heavily as the nightmare was still fresh in your mind.

Their voices synced as they spoke. "Hey butterfly, what's wrong?"

Kaoru knelt down to place a hand on your shoulder. "Are you all right, Mei?"

You unintentionally shrugged his hand away and swung your legs over the bench to sit up fully and put your head in your hands.

"I'm okay...I'm okay...everything is fine."

They looked at each other, growing more concerned as you stood up and grabbed your apron that you had folded up as a pillow on the bench, beginning to tie it around your waist.

Hikaru put his hands on his hips as they watched you walk away.

"What was that all about?"

Kaoru shrugged.

You used your sleeve to wipe the wetness that formed from your eyes off your cheeks. Just as you passed by the table of girls with hosts sitting at every other one, you looked away from them and went for a beeline to the kitchen.

I'm sorry, father.

Those words echoed within your head and it threatened to make more tears form.

"Mei, there you are."

Your breathing nearly stopped as your feet did at the words he had said.

"I've been looking for you. Here, I need you to hand out these calendars of the hosts to the guests."

You were still frozen in place, but you looked up at him. He had to adjust his glasses to make sure you were looking at him.

"Mei, are you listening?"

You snapped out of your zombie state and glanced down and the stack of calendars in his hands, then you nodded and took them from him.

"Yes, sir. I'll do that."

He hummed, then turned around, but he also stopped to look back at you first.

"By the way, you shouldn't cry like that. It doesn't suit you. Smile more, you look your best when you do."