3. All about Abhi.

It was late evening when Abhi reached his house, Mehra Mansion. He referred to it as a house because except for his Dadi, no one else made it feel like home. After the death of his dad, his mom had little time for her only child. She dived straight into business, running the company her husband left behind and Abhi was left in the care of his grandmother.

Abhi had a tough time dealing with the death of his father and then being neglected by his mother. Dadi had tried her best to not to let Abhi go into a depressive state, but some of the damage had already been done.

The fact that his mother got re-married to a Mr. Ranjit Khanna, a couple years later just made Abhi even more depressed. She even insisted her new husband live with them! Out of that marriage came Abhi's step-siblings, Purab and Aliya, who were twins. Although they gotten along well enough, Abhi always felt like an outsider... like he was intruding on someone else's family.

Growing up he mainly kept to himself. He interacted when necessary with family, but when he was not in school, he was always stuck in his room reading or doing his assignments, solving a puzzle or playing video games. He didn't have any friends, just students and teachers he interacted at school...and he preferred it that way. Not much changed when he started teaching at St. Xavier's College. Basically the same routine.

Even his dating life was non-existent. Women made him nervous. He was cordial and professional to the females he worked with, but that was the extent of it. No flirting...and definitely no funny business! The less people he let into his life, the better.

As he got older, his mom and step-father tried to persuade him to join the family business, but he shied away from it. That was their thing. He was a quiet college professor and that was the role which best suited him.

Abhi walked into the hall. The place was deserted except for Dadi sitting on the sofa by herself, looking extremely happy. Usually at this time his mom and step dad were still at work. Purab and Aliya were abroad completing their studies, which was almost over. Dadi looked up and saw him.

"Abhi! Beta, come here." she said, gesturing him to come over.

"Yeah, Dadi?" he replied.

"Sit" she said pointing to the space beside her. "I want to discuss something with you."

"Everything okay, Dadi?" he asked.

Dadi nodded.

"Absolutely." she replied.

"So what is it that you want to discuss with me?" he asked.

"I want you to marry friend's grand-daughter."

Abhi was stunned speechless!

_______________________________________________________

Hey guys!

How was this chapter? I know its very short but the next one will be alot longer.

Thank you so much for the votes and comments!

Till next time...take care!

-Suhani, Asmithaa & Trisha