5. OMG! It's Her!

Pragya Arora walked into Mehra Mansion, one week later, on her grandmother's insistence. She would have been here sooner, but work kept her as busy as a bee.

As a reporter, nothing fazed her. It came with the territory. Being out there everyday, seeing so many awful things and facing the dangers that sometimes came with the job had made her somewhat immune to fear. So imagine her surprise when she started feeling a gnawing nervousness inside of her.

What was wrong with her? Why was she feeling like this?

She began to wonder if coming here might be a mistake. She hadn't been given much information by her grandmother. Well to be fair, she wasn't really paying much attention. She had been texting one of her co-workers while Dadi had been speaking to her, so she only got bits and pieces of what her grandmother had said, after which she handed Pragya a piece of paper with an address on it, stating that she should go there as soon as possible. She didn't bother asking Dadi what she meant, hoping it would eventually come to her.

Her attention was more focused on figuring out what the hell was going on at MK Publishing. There had been rumors about some shady business taking place at the organization and she needed to get to the bottom of it... without screwing up. She had been waiting a while now to get the 'OK' from her boss and finally Mr. Sejal granted her wish against his better judgement.

It's not that she was bad at her job. It's just that her mouth tended to get her into trouble more times than she could count and compromised her assignments. But this time, she promised herself and her boss...her family and friends...neighbors...the man at coffee shop...the woman at the newspaper stand...somebody's dog on the street and Rahul and Anjali from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai...that it won't happen again. As you can probably tell by now, she's not really one to keep things inside.

She walked into the grand hall of the Mansion and was amazed by its size and beauty.

"Wow! Nice place" she said loudly. These people must really be loaded!

She turned and saw a young man walking toward her.

"Mr. Mehra will be with you in a bit, Ma'am."

"Ma'am?" She repeated in surprise. "No need for all that. What is your name?"

"Robin, Ma'am" he replied.