Chapter 13

"Cora!" I yelled as I ran into the loft and saw her awake and healthy. The sight that stopped me at my tracks was Derek passed out leaning against the wall where the window is located. Cora quickly got up and hugged me so tight that if I were human she probably would have broke something. "Cora" I said struggling for breath. "I think i'm the one that's supposed to be hugging you this tight, not the other way around." She quickly let me go and looked at me with a smile. 

"Sorry" She stated. 

"You look good" I said with a smile of my own. 

"Thank's to Derek, who still has yet to wake up" She said walking back to the passed out Derek. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water and sat on the other side of him. 

"He needs to wake up soon, there's a storm coming, and I would rather him be awake" I said worried. 

"He'll wake up soon" Peter said "just a little more time" 

"Shut up" I said pissed off at him. 

"I was reassuring you, didn't think I wasn't allowed to do that!" He defended. I looked at him with a look that should be telling him not to mess with me. 

"Don't think for a second that I don't believe that you wanted Derek to loose his alpha status. You put the idea in his head hoping he would do it. It may have been the thing to save Cora but you think only of yourself Peter. With you all you care about is power, and you've never liked the fact that Derek was an alpha. Your little plan played right into your hands, even if it wasn't intentional." I ranted.  Peter had to take a second to process what I just said. Probably because he knows what I said was true. 

"We all know Derek wasn't the best alpha, I did everyone a favor" He said. 

"Yeah, and I'm here questioning what you would have done if he was still an alpha, would you kill your nephew Peter?" I asked. 

"Of course not, believe it or not, I care about my family I always have" Peter said taking a couple steps towards me. I could tell he was getting angry. 

"Yeah, say that to Laura!" I yelled at him. That shut him up. The tension in the room was at its maximum level. The room was quite and I took that as a chance to open the bottle of water I had and pour a little into Derek's mouth hoping it would wake him up. He choked on the water a little but I did manage to wake him up. He opened his eyes slowly swallowing the water left in his mouth. He first looked to his left where Cora was. 

"You're okay" He said. 

"Thanks to you" She said. He looked to his right and saw me. I gave him a small smile. 

"There was no time, she was getting worse by the minute, I had to do something and I couldn't reach you" He said justifying his actions. 

"Derek it's fine, my plan didn't exactly pan out" I said. 

"What was your plan?" He asked. 

"To contact Jennifer" I said. His eyes widened and he leaned forward a little most likely to yell at me and tell me that i'm stupid for going alone. I put my hand on his shoulder and with little force pushed him back. "Calm down, it was useless, I just hollered her name in the woods for twenty minutes, she never showed" I said knowing Derek was too weak to focus in on my heartbeat to tell that I was lying. 

"It was still dangerous, what if she showed up? She already wants you dead" He said. 

"I was desperate" I said "Saving Cora, finding the parents, she has all the answers to my questions"

Derek was getting ready to reply but the loft door distracted him as it opened revealing Lydia and...Ethan? Derek was quick to stand up, not wanting one of his enemies to see him weak.