Chapter 28

Another night out and about town searching for Stiles. Not shortly after Scott and I left Deaton's clinic Scott called me saying he had been contacted by Malia who said that Stiles let the nogitsune take him over in Eichen house. He did it to protect her. She got out to warn us. With Stiles out and the nogitsune taking him over, I had been searching since then, but where do you look for a evil fox spirit? Before I knew it the sun had risen and it was now that I decided to give up for now, at least until I got some help. Once I got in my car my phone began to ring. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Derek is being released in about half an hour. Figured you'd wanna break the news to him" The sheriff said. 

"Why is he being released?" I asked trying to sound innocent. 

"I'm releasing him myself, we need all the help we can get finding Stiles" The sheriff said. Looks like I destroyed the evidence for nothing that was until Sheriff continued. "Missing evidence doesn't help either and I'm hoping you know nothing about that" Of course he already knew. 

"No idea what your talking about. Be there in ten" I said and hung up heading over to the station. I may be mad at Derek right now but I can't fight the excitement I feel at his being released. Doesn't mean i'm going to bombard him with hugs and kisses. 

As soon as I arrived I was surprised on how far the station has come. Construction workers are fixing the place up nicer than before. Hopefully there will be no more bombs. Or supernatural threats. I walked in and saw the familiar faces of Derek and Chris in their holding cells.

"What a beautiful site, an Argent in a jail cell. Too bad it's the wrong Argent and the wrong crime" I said referring to my whole reasoning of becoming a cop, which was to lock Kate away for destroying my friends and family. Chris and Derek both stood up at my presence. 

"What are you doing here?" Derek asked. 

"I'm breaking the good news. You guys are being released" I said as another guard came in unlocking the doors. 

"Why is that?" Chris asked. 

"Best not to ask" I said. 

"As for what you said, you may not think it but you came close." Chris said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. 

"What?" I asked. 

"You came close to having Kate locked up for a long time, but we have ties to stop that kind of thing from happening, which is why it didn't." Chris said. 

"Say it louder for the whole station, they all thought I was stupid" I joked leading them to gather their things from Parrish. Derek got his wallet and jacket back. 

"Sorry, I can't let you walk out with this" Parrish said holding up one of the famous tasers they use. "It's way above the legal voltage limit" 

"I only use it for hunting" Chris said earning death glares from Derek and I.

"Pretty sure you could use it to jumpstart a 747" Parrish said. 

"This property belongs to me and the charges were dropped, although I don't know from who" Chris said looking at me. 

"Me" The sheriff said making an entrance "I'll take care of this Parrish" 

"Sheriff I'm not kidding this thing is a few volts away from being a light saber" Parrish said. 

"I said I'll take care of it" Sheriff said giving Argent the taser. Parrish sent me a look and walked away no doubt he was pissed at me. I lied and manipulated him into letting me talk to Derek in the interrogation room. I walked over to him calling his name.