Chapter 21

"Can you uncuff me now?" Derek asked. I kept him cuffed as a way of still punishing him. I was cuddling up to his side tired after our physical activities. Well my physical activities, I did all the work which is why I don't think this was a very well thought out punishment. 

"Nope" I said too tired to get up and get the key. "What are you going to ask your mom?"

"I don't really know yet" Derek said. 

"Another one of your well thought out plans" I stated. 

"Advice" Derek said "What to expect now that the nematon has power again" 

"And you think your mom knows the answer?" I asked him. 

"Yeah, you know my family not only lived in Beacon Hills, but they protected it" He said.

"I did not know that actually, I mean I only thought she was only ever protecting you guys, you know from the hunters, I mean that's why my family came to town, to help with the Argents." I explained. 

"Beacon Hills will always be a beacon for the supernatural, if the nematon has power or not. People would try and give it power but my mother always stopped them" He explained. 

"So even if the nematon looses it's power, Beacon Hills will still attract the supernatural?" I asked. 

"Not as badly, but yeah, there will always be people who want to give it power, to have that much power for their own, like Jennifer. Now that it has this much power now, I have no doubt that it will attract something dangerous" He said. 

"More dangerous than Jennifer?" I asked.

"Yep" He said. 

"Perfect" I said getting up to grab the keys. Once I unlocked his hands he stretched them then engulfed me with his body in a hug. After he finished he grabbed my face and kissed me. The kiss was tender and soft, my favorite kind. Then we both drifted off to sleep, hoping tomorrow was a success.

***

"Alright lets see it!" Peter said walking into the loft like he owned it. Thank God I was dressed. Derek looked more angry than I was. Derek said that he managed to get Peter involved without actually telling him what it was they were risking their lives for. All he had to say was that it was important and Peter went along with it, surprisingly. But I know Peter he's going to want something in return for his own selfish reasons. 

Derek grabbed the box that contained Talia's claws and opened it. The process of opening it wasn't at all easy Derek had to turn the lid multiple ways until it finally opened. On the coffee table he poured out five claws, the five claws that were the only thing left of Talia Hale. 

"After the fire, this is all that were left of her" Derek said. Peter looked down at the claws in fascination. 

"Talia. I can't decide if that's touching or morbid. I guess the real question is, what are you planning on doing with them?" Peter asked.

"I have to ask her something and from what I heard this is the only way possible" Derek said. Peter looked at his hands back to the claws. I was a bit confused, I never asked Derek exactly how he was going to use his mother's claws to communicate with her. 

"You've got to be kidding me" Peter said.

"What?" I asked.

"He wants me" Peter said taking a breath. "He wants me to wear her claws so I can stab them in his neck" 

"You didn't tell me that's how you were going to do it" I said looking at Derek. 

"It's the only way" Derek said.