Seven

Rebecca's point of view

          One day while takling, I noticed Dan was coughing a lot. I felt really bad and told him to go to the doctors. When he finally did, they said he had a chest infection. They sent him to the hospital to get x-rays and blood work done. They told him to stay at the hospital over night.

          He was fine, but I was still worried. I stopped talking only for the day so he could get as much rest as needed. Also, so he could spend time with his family, they're more important then me. We hadn't talked on skype since he was home, he doesn't have the web there. He had been talking to me at John's house. 

           We still talked, however. When we talked, every detail of our lives unraveled. The truth came out with every smile and tear. Something's are harder than others. The thing that kills me is the distance. It's become so obvious to me that he's the one I am going to marry one day. He is the one I am meant to be with. 

          But how?

          Sometimes I doubted myself. I thought, how crazy it was that I was mad about a boy who I have not even met. I got angry whenever I thought about how I couldn't just hug him and call him mine. I want him, so much. I would do anything for him. 

          How could I possibly be in love with him? Well, what does it matter? Because I am in love with him. I can never stop thinking about him. I can absolutely see him in my future. Daniel is the one boy who could ever understand me.

          He could never hurt me. He could never make me cry. He would never insult me. He understood the moments of sadness I felt. He understood the pain of being different. Don't get me wrong, I can talk to my friends. I love all of my friends here, and I love them for everything they've ever helped me through.

          But Daniel took it to another level of understanding that they couldn't quite grasp.

          Do we have people who think it won't work out? Yes. Do we have people saying we shouldn't even try? Yes. Do people think we're only going to get hurt? Of course. But no matter what anyone thinks, we are going to try and make our feelings become a reality. 

          All it takes is a little bit of hope.