Eight

Daniel's point of view

          We had talked everyday (almost) for at least two to three hours a day, whenever we could talk, we would. Be it over Facebook or on Skype, our feelings escalated as we continued to talk. We’d talk about everything. Be it our war tales, our happiness, making each other blush (mainly she does to me -.-) or else listening to music, me trying to sing to her.

          There was a spate of three days were we didn’t talk. I was heartbroken, and literally, heart-broken. My heart was beating too fast, my chest didn’t seem to want to let me breathe and my chest kept cracking worse than my knuckles. I had to go to hospital, and those three days I was there, my heart yearned to talk to Rebecca. When I got out of hospital, the first thing I did was Facebook Rebecca, the girl I spent every second of the day thinking about. 

          We talked about everything. The light shared by our hearts spread to the very corners of our bodies, revealing each secret, each smile and each tear. I knew in the bottom of my heart, in fact, every part of me knew that this was my future wife. I didn’t know how it was going to work, but it had to. Many people were telling me I was crazy for being in love with a girl I never met. A girl I didn’t know apparently. A girl who loved me back, who understood me as much as my family... 

          I started to wonder if I was literally going crazy, because all I could think or talk about was Bec, and my face would slip into a smile, which I wore most comfortably around her. I started to wonder if it was all worth it, whether I would just get hurt again, like so many people warned me. I wanted to hold her, to hug her, to kiss her, to make sure she is safe... but distance provided a rather large barrier between her and me. I am in love with her, I know if you call me crazy, I will accept that title and respond with “For Rebecca”, for I know after extensive DNM’s lasting well over five hours, after the tears and smiles and anger I have faced with Rebecca, after everything, I knew we belonged together.

          I know Rebecca and I will end up married, I can just feel it. Everyday our relationship has grown stronger and stronger and I know in my heart that it will continue to grow. Why do I love her you ask? Why do I love a girl 16000 miles away? Because she understands me, she helps me pick up the pieces that uncertainty scattered long ago; she took my hand and held it tight. She understands me more than my friends do, even though I love them to pieces, they just don’t quite get my battle the same way as Bec does. 

          There are plenty of people that don’t think this thing will work out. There are many, many people that don’t think I’m clinically sane for loving a girl that I don’t know. There are also the spiteful people that hope this doesn’t work out. I know that it will all be fine and this will all work out. 

          All it takes is a little hope, a little love and a little patience, but it will be all worth it in the end.