Prologue

Stories are told all the time. That's part of being human. Telling stories and coming up with explanations of things that we don't understand. Most stories have this element to them... a happy ending. When I was a child, it seemed... forced to me. That the bad guy was always irredeemable and easily conquered, that the good guy is always nothing but good and angelic and perfect... I hated that... I guess that's part of the reason why I always liked the villains better, especially in the movies and tv shows I watched.

It never really helped with my... abilities...

Everyone is born with abilities. Some are small, like being able to make amazing coffee, while others are more... stereotypical to the hero of a story. I've met a few who can fly, have super strength, and can disappear. There are names for that kind of person, but the most important and least common are really the most important to this story.

Angels are those who can create, repair, and heal. They make the world a better place.

Demons are those who destroy, break, and injure. They... will someday destroy all that makes this world good... At least, that's what the teachers at school would always tell us.

Less important to the story are those Chefs, Metas, etc. I suppose they are important in reality, given they usually are those who make up the majority of the population, but I can't really explain much about something I know next to nothing about. Teachers, often Educators, or those who's ability is to acquire and disperse knowledge of certain topics better than most other people, never really told us much about each type. They just gave us the stereotypes surrounding each and expected us to figure it out when we developed our own powers. I found out very early that people like me are going to be treated different from our peers no matter what we do.

Demons are feared no matter what we do...