/Sunsets and Swingsets/

Sam Emerson
Your P.O.V
It was a February day. The wind seemed colder now than it had a minute ago. Confusing right?
I sat on the swing not fully swinging. Just sitting. The sun was just setting casting an orange haze over the sky.
It feels as if I could stay there for forever. It was perfect.
Perfect, an image I was expected to be but never could.
These were the moments I longed for at the end of each day. A moment alone. Away from all the pressure and stress put on me to be a perfect daughter. Good grades, behavior, appearance. That was my life.
Tears streamed down my face landing into my lap. I choked back a sob fearing someone would hear even though it was silent except for the birds in a far distance.
Although, that's all I wanted..someone to come running just anyone to find me. I need someone to understand.
A sob escapes my throat. If the kids from school saw me like this...I'd be labeled 'the biggest pussy around'.
If my parents saw me I'd be their disappointment. I was too deep into thought the hear the approaching footsteps.
"H-hey" I hear a familiar voice speak from behind me.
"Damnit" I mumble and try to wipe the tears from my cheeks before they notice. I glance up and notice my friend Sam standing awkwardly. I force a smile.
"Oh, hey Sam"
He goes and sits in the swing next to me. It was silent for a while.
"Why do you let the stress get to you Y/N?" He asks suddenly.
"What do you mean?" I furrow my eyebrows.
"I mean your judgment on yourself or how other kids portray you and how your parents feel about you?"
"Because isn't that how it's supposed to be?" I try to laugh but it turns out sounding pretty fake.
"No it's not! You act like this everyday Y/N It's honestly pathetic!" He looks just as frustrated as I was.
"Look Sam! You Really don't understand..." I bite my lip and look down.
"Yea? Well at least I try" he mumbles. I shake my head and look away.
It was silent for a long time again.
"I'm sorry" I whisper with tears in your eyes. Sam glances up and looks back down.
"I'm sorry for being so fucking emotional! And...and for dealing sorry for myself...and for be-"
Sam smashes his lips to yours before you could speak another word. Eventually you hands found the back of his neck.
You pull apart and helplessly smile. He smiles back and takes your hand as you both start walking toward your house.

This....is pretty short but honestly I probably should've done a lil better so I might go back and
add/change some stuff !!! Thanks for reading!!
I really hope you enjoyed and have a fantastic weekend!-Kace