A.F.

Justa' FYI this is set in like third grade, yes Ik, so just imagine yourself as a smol (might I add toothless) child and have fun chillens'
You know the time right? That time right after lunch yet right before classes start again. The only time of sweet freedom and I could almost taste it. Most importantly the time where I get to see Al-
"Ms. Y/F/N, are you still with the class?" Mrs. Byers (I'm sorry) asked.
Her deep and brooding voice almost made me jump strait out of my seat.
I hear other children giggle and and feel myself blush as I sink lower into my seat.
"Uh, yes'm" I say trying to snap out of my train of thought.
"I'd like to think that" Mrs. Byers says before she turns back to her blackboard, seemingly to have much more writing on it than I could remember.
Minutes go by and yet it feels like an eternity. I don't know what I was waiting for, possibly something exiting except the fact that nothing of the sort would happen. I look back up on the board and low-behold two of the boards were filled with information I couldn't even imagine to understand.
Suddenly the bell's chime echoes through the classroom and then an uproar of noisy students rush to their friends and out the door. I swear the 3rd grade hallway of West Elementary was the noisiest place in Santa Carla.
Honestly, I couldn't careless I free. Well for just 45 minutes, but I guess that's all I needed.
I look for the spot where Alan and I would usually meet up.
As I push through the double doors I, of course, spot him cross crossed by the wall.
"Hiya!" I yell as I skip over to him and almost trip, just like everyday.
"Hey!" Hey says and stands up.
We usually have a small group of friends we play with but they are always later getting out of class or in trouble.
So just like routine we go and wait for them in the swings. Thankfully they were placed conveniently in view of the double doors, that divided the playground from the school at least.
I huff down the seat I always sat in. The same seat where I sat alone in before Alan came and sat next to me, sparking our friendship from our common "playground equipment critique" and judgment.
We make our usual talk which consisted of how our day was going and our dislike of Mr. Hargrove.
"Hey Y/N?" He asks with a slight pitch to his voice, which was odd to me considering his personality.
"Yea?"
"Well, uhhh-"
"Spit it out Alan, your being strange today" I respond which seemed to make him smile at the response.
"You are my best friend, and eh I guess I wanted to tell you that I'm always happy when...I..uh-" he stops suddenly and I glance over to see him looking at the palm of his hand. Obviously reading something written.
"Make you laugh! And also I like your smile. Your a kind person and someone I trust." He now looks back at me after a pause.
"So, for those reasons I promise to protect you and never let you down. And uhhh this is for you" he reaches into his pocket and hold out his palm where I can see many words written and slightly smeared across.
Something shiny glints in the light and I realize it was a ring. I smile as heat rushed to my face and ears.
I hold out my hand as he hands the gift over.
"Alan...thank you, but-"
"Keep it, ok?"
"I...will. Thank you Alan." I kiss his cheek gently and watch as his face turns a red brighter than Edgar's when he's angry.
"So-so this means we're married" he asks     (EVEN THE NOTION)
"No Alan" I say giggling a little but seeing him frown a bit.
I look to see two of our friends approaching and quickly respond.
"Someday" I say and nudge his arm smiling.
He looks to me and smiles back.
"Someday" he nods.
We spend the rest of our playtime with our friends but not speaking a word about what happened only moments ago.

HEYOOOOO! Yessum this is fairly late (ok EXTREMELY late) ya know...writers block?
You get my Stranger Things references (hopefully). How could I not make the teacher everyone hates
"Mr. Hargrove" ((Billy)). Low and behold I have nothin' else to say except THIS BE CLOSING! And I hope you had a great day and I really really hope you enjoyed this! Thanks for reading!
SEE YA- Kace