Chapter 3

When I wake up, my eyes feel crusty and my pillow feels wet. I crane my neck around the room and see a glass of water on my nightstand. I pick it up and gulp it down thirstily. Then I look outside the window and realize that it's late afternoon. Hopping out of bed, I go to the bathroom and wash my face.

"Hey. Are you feeling better?" Katniss asks, leaning against the doorframe.

"A little." I reply as I dry my face with a towel.

"Would you like to tell me what your conversation with Snow was about?"

I bite my lip. "I can't tell you. I'm sorry. "

"I thought we told each other everything." She says, a look of hurt registered on her face.

"I would if I could." I sigh.

"Why can't you?"

"I don't think I'm allowed to. And I don't want you to get hurt." I say softly.

"Prim. You don't need to protect me." She gives me a hug.

"But I don't want you to get tortured, or worse, die. If you were in my position, would you tell me?"

"Probably not."

"Exactly."

"I just wish that we didn't have to live like this." Katniss sighs.

"Me too." A few tears form in my eyes.

"Dinner!" My mother yells a few minutes later.

"Let's go eat." Katniss says.

We head downstairs and I immediately smell fresh breadsticks and spaghetti.

"It smells good in here!" I exclaim.

"Thank you, honey. Now sit down." My mother laughs.

We take a seat and dig into our meal. The meal is silent for the most part until my mother brings out the leftover chocolate cake from yesterday for dessert.

"Chocolate!!!" I scream.

"Prim, maybe we shouldn't give you sugar anymore." Katniss chuckles.

"I think I have an addiction." I reply.

"Yup." Says my mother.

She serves me a small piece, which is probably because I didn't get much sleep last night after the cake. I immediately dig into my cake and finish it in 2 minutes.

"Woah, Prim. Slow down." Says my mother.

"Too late." I grin. "May I be excused?"

"Yes. It's almost your bedtime anyways. Goodnight!" My mother replies.

"Oh ok. Goodnight!"

I kiss my mother and Katniss on the forehead and run upstairs to my room. Then I take a shower and slip on a purple nightgown as I braid my hair. When I jump into bed, I have one last thought.

Imagine all of your loved ones, dead.

---------------

OMGOMGOMGOMG! I GOT 880 READS ON PRIMS GAMES! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU! I'll UPDATE THE NEXT CHAPTER SOON!