Chapter 13

The two days of training fly by. On the last day, Katniss and I impressed the other tributes while we were at one of the stations. It was the station that has electronic figures and you had to defeat them by using weapons. I used my knives and Katniss used her bow and arrow. By the time we were finished, all of the tributes were staring at us in awe.

"That was amazing!" Peeta says as I sit down at lunch.

I smile. "Thanks, Peeta."

"It's time for your private training sessions!" Atala's voice booms over a microphone.

I wipe my hands on my pants, filled with worry.

"Don't worry. You'll be fine." Peeta whispers.

"Cashmere Shimmerfield." (A/N: don't blame me; I couldn't think of a good last name.)

She smiles at me with a wicked grin on her face as she struts into the training room, and the door slams behind her. I roll my eyes and then her brother, Gloss, glares at me. I glare back and he finally looks away.

Leo's name is called two hours later.

"Good luck." I whisper.

He smiles at me and walks into the room.

I squeeze Katniss's hand tightly as I wait for my name to be called. She squeezes it back reassuringly and kisses my forehead.

"Peeta Mellark." The voice says.

I give him a quick hug and he smiles at me as he walks away.

We wait for what seems like an hour.

"Katniss Everdeen."

I hug her tightly and she walks inside.

My name is called after about 15 or 30 minutes. "Primrose Everdeen." The monotone voice says.

I stand up and quietly shuffle to the door. I nod to the gamemakers when I walk in. The first thing I see is a painting of Rue on the floor. The only person that could've done this was Peeta. Tears threaten to spill over my eyes but I quickly blink then away. I can't show the gamemakers my weaknesses. I quickly shake away my thoughts and decide to head over to the station that I was at earlier today with Katniss. I set it to the highest level and stand in the middle of the rectangle. The first figure I see comes running towards me with a spear in its hand. Without even thinking, I hurl a knife at its heart. It falls to the ground and disappears. I suddenly hear someone running behind me. I quickly turn around and hurl another knife at the figure. I keep doing this to all of the other figures that try to reach me, but then at one point I stop when I realize that there are five figures in front of me. I need to act fast, I think. I grab five of my knifes and throw them at the figures at the same time. They all fall to the ground.

I glance up at the gamemakers and see one of them smile at me. I immediately recognize him as Plutarch Heavensbee, the head gamemaker. I wipe the sweat off of my forehead.

"You are dismissed, Miss Everdeen." Plutarch says.

I nod and quickly walk out.

*********

When I finally get back to my floor, everyone is sitting at the dinner table.

"Oh, you came in time for dinner!" Effie squeals.

I take a seat next to Katniss and try to relax.

"You okay?" She asks.

I nod. "I'm just tired."

She nods in understanding and our food arrives. I eat noodles and vegetables with some bread rolls. For dessert we eat chocolate cake, my favorite.

"It's time to the the scores!" Effie exclaims.

Caesar appears with an image of Gloss behind him.

"Gloss Shimmerfield, with a score of 10!"

He goes on and on about the scores. Finnick gets a 10 and Mags gets a 7. She probably showed off her knot tying skills. Johanna gets a 9. Leo gets a 10 and Peeta gets an 11. Katniss kisses him on the cheek. And then Caesar says Katniss's score.

"Katniss Everdeen, with a score of...12!" I shriek with excitement and hug Katniss tightly.

"And last, but not least, the lovely Primrose Everdeen with a score of...12!"

Everyone congratulates us on our scores. And then Effie tells us to get to bed since we have to prepare for our interviews tomorrow.

"Goodnight!" I say as I run to my room with Katniss.

"Goodnight!" They reply.

I take a quick shower and then slip into a white lace nightgown.

"Goodnight, Katniss." I whisper.

"Goodnight." She says and kisses my cheek.

And then I fall into a deep, peaceful sleep.

-------

I was able to write a chapter today! Yay! I hope you liked this, and remember to vote and comment! I'll try to update tomorrow, and if not I'll post like 3 chapters on Saturday!