0.2

+NARRATIVE
THE BEGINNING OF IT ALL, THIRTEEN YEARS PRIOR

"INTRODUCTION"

"we have a new student with us today everybody. please welcome him and show him the fantastic hospitality that you all possess," the teacher beamed as she introduced the class to the eleven year old boy who stood at the front of the room.

his head was shaved down to a rather sweet buzzcut which left his face nowhere to hide; luckily he was a very handsome, more so cute, young man of a small size. his jaw was sharp and eminent, his eyebrows: dark and bushy. he had the most stunning brown eyes with streams of green light glistening through - he would most certainly be a hit with all the girls who were already smiling eagerly at him.

"please take a seat next to cali who i hope will be your guide for as long as you need her in terms of making your way around the school," the teacher told him, patting him on the backpack as he made his way to the girl his new teacher was pointing at.

he thought of her as pretty, but not much more. he wasn't absorbed into loving girls at such a young age: he didn't wish to kiss her or get close to her in any sort of way.

"i'm calista," she smiled, holding her hand out for him to shake. he was taken aback by this action as back at his old school in new jersey nobody was ever quite that polite; england was certainly a huge change for him, but one he welcomed.

"grayson," he mumbled back, shaking her hand hesitantly. he wasn't purposely trying to alienate himself from the others, it was just his nature to be more introvert as he was a timid boy, soft and well-spoken.

"you're american?" the young girl asked in reference to his accent shining through in the brief time that he'd opened his mouth.

"i am," he responded quietly as the teacher proceeded to give her speech about how important this new term would be. now that all of the students had settled in after the first term (barring grayson), now is the time for them to excel academically and socially.

"which state did you live in?" she inquired further, persistant in getting him to become more comfortable in her company. she could tell he needed a friend, someone who'd keep him talking but wouldn't push him too far, too soon.

"new jersey," he smiled. and it was the first time that his lips had curved in that delightful path that would create a grin as beautiful as his. he looked adorable and calista found him just that.

"do you miss it?" she asked.

"yeah," he sighed, "my brother is still there; my twin brother, actually. so it's difficult being apart from him but i like the change of scenery."

"wow," she gasped dramatically (luckily no one else had noticed) "i managed to get twenty four words out of you!" he giggled at her jesting him and unexpectedly it made him like her more. he liked that she wasn't trying too hard to force conversation, he liked that she wasn't actually judging him for being reserved - only mocking. and he liked that she looked into his eyes when he spoke - even though only a few words came out in bursts.

"you haven't been speaking that much either!" he laughed, "just chucking questions at me - you're like my mom," he smiled as he looked at her and she spotted a pretty twinkle in his eye every time he did so. it was almost as if he was tearing up and a droplet of the water acted as some kind of sparkle machine that gave out glints.

"i know that you're probably getting acquainted with grayson, cal, but when the teacher is talking, you mustn't," the young girl got scolded.

"sorry," she chirped, turning it down a notch. her hand delved into her backpack in search of something, and on her quest to find the mystery object she tried her hardest to not rustle about too much and cause another distraction that would grab her teacher's attention again. "voila," she smirked: a green a5 notepad in her hands.

"we can communicate in there?" grayson whispered.

"yep," she nodded mischievously.

SANGFROID
Copyright © All Rights Reserved