0.3

+NARRATIVE
SOME YEARS FROM THE BEGINNING

"BLOSSOMING"

"can i ask you something if you promise not to laugh?" grayson nudged cali, drawing her eyes away from the laptop they shared between them. they were on a movie marathon at that moment in time, the hunchback of notre dame was playing - kicking it back and throwing disney films into the mix was always the way to go for the duo.

"sure," she responded closing the lid. she had already sort of failed as a smile laid on her lips and her eyes were full of amusement. she studied her best friend to figure out what he could possibly be about to drop on her and though many ideas came to mind, none resonated with her.

"have you started to experiment yet..?" he trailed off. this snippet of a sentence left calista clueless as to what he was trying to explain to her. she could feel her eyes rolling to the back of her head due to his vagueness and it aggravated her to know that she'd paused the movie for his theatrics.

"to experiment with what?"

"your body," he inquired under his breath, fidgeting slightly as he was aware that he'd made the vibe in the room slightly awkward. her eyes widened as she processed what it was exactly that grayson was implying. she shook her head 'no'.

"have you?" she asked in a small voice. typically calista would be the very loud and outgoing one of the two but this topic had silenced her. mainly because she had feelings for grayson that her body recognised but her head didn't — those kind of emotions were difficult for her to identify and often left her feeling rather perplexed.

"yeah," he gulped anxiously. he began to rub his thumbs over his knuckles; a habit of his which shines through whenever he's uncomfortable. "well, only a few times," he goes on in further detail, "my aunt caught me and it was so embarrassing," he laughed dryly. it seemed forced yet genuine, almost like he wanted to feel the emotions that were coursing through his body on the inside, but he couldn't translate them on the outside due to being so nervous.

"how did it feel?" cali nudged him, ignoring the part about his aunt. she wanted to hear more about grayson's sexual journey seeing as her own hadn't taken off yet. don't be mistaken: she'd certainly thought about exploring her lower region, and fourteen years old is quite late for a girl to not have started masturbation — however, something always held her back.

"the first time it was the scariest thing that had ever happened to me," he explained, "it felt like electricity and it was a huge surprise."

"and the second?" she cut in as soon as his sentence came to a halt. grayson let out a little laugh as he could see his friend was pretty enthralled by his experiences, and he proceeded to inform her on the different emotions he'd felt the second time around.

"it was better," he shrugged, purposely only feeding her little bits of information at a time. he liked how the power dynamics in the friendship had changed for a short moment. usually, it was calista who had done things he hadn't and matured and heard things that he was still oblivious to. in this case, however, he had the knowledge.

"it felt like... total pleasure, especially at the end."

"i read somewhere that it feels like fireworks exploding inside your penis," cali added, trying to assert her own knowledge into the conversation. 

after shrugging his shoulders, grayson laid back on her bed and looked to the window at the far end of calista's room. the sun was beginning to lose its impact on the city; noticeable from how dimly the streets were illuminated. all of the drivers on busy roads had switched their headlights on meaning floods of white lights acted as torches on the tarmac. faint beeps from horns in vehicles could be heard, even with the distance and the double glazed windows acting as the shield between out there and in here.

"you should try it," grayson suggested while his eyes still watched the cars trail across the roads. he was toying with her but he didn't know why or what would come of it.

"i just might," cali mumbled, more to herself than to her best friend. her heart rate had increased due to indulging in thinking about grayson in that manner. she knew it was weird but simultaneously, she felt as though that was the response he was aiming for. why else would he be telling her about his experiences with sexually pleasing himself?

calista scooted towards grayson and reclined as he had previously. her head had sunken into the incredibly soft pillows while also lightly touching grayson's. she followed the trail his eyes were looking down and joined him in admiring the beauty of sundown. the nighttime was her favourite part of the day, the lights glowing in the darkness always seemed unlike any other sight — it held a certain magical feel to it as cosmos usually do. the pair often thought of themselves as beings who happened to be scattered together on a black blanket whose name is Universe. like sister stars, too close to separate.

"i'm always here to help if and when you need it," grayson whispered out of the blue in reference to their earlier conversation.

"i know."

SANGFROID
Copyright © All Rights Reserved