NEIL M. [2]

All I could do was find ways to meet my client; he must have heard of my failed attempt at killing the man and worse was the information my client provided was wrong. It could have been far worse, I'd be beaten and tortured about now before they decide on what to do with me.

I didn't expect someone to be in the cab and it wasn't as if I had any other choice either; they were hot on my heels, but it was unfortunate the driver was killed. My honey brown eyes observed the brunette who was staring at the wall to his left. I could only imagine what was running through his head at that point—it's amusing.

He was a bit cranky and annoyed me when I felt he wasn't listening—all in all I quite liked him. He was feisty, there was a fire in his eyes, the type you saw on someone who wouldn't give up no matter what. I could tell his cleverness and it was because he was clever that I knew what he'd plan to do.

I found that quite cute, "So, Matt...is there anything you'd like to share?" I noticed the way he flinched when I spoke; glanced at my direction with a menacing glare, "No."

His blue eyes were piercing, locks of brown hair tousled but in an appealing sort of way. It was hard not to notice his average fit body since I had to carry the drunk, unconscious brunette in the loft. He wasn't heavy—much to my surprise and he had a bit of a cute face, I wasn't usually interested but this one was different.

It almost made me feel bad for intimidating him to keep him here. Almost.

My hands gripped the handrail, having to look down at him since I was on the second floor. "Don't be so spiteful, I simply wanted to get to know you." A smirk etched on my lips, teasing the shorter male for my own merriment. I could see him grit his jaw, tug at the handcuffs, "Well excuse me if I don't feel like talking. You held a gun to my head, kidnapped me, handcuffed me, and threatened to shoot me. Does that sound like reason enough?" He advocated sardonically.

I held back a small chuckle, raked my fingers through my now tamed hair; it was swept to the side keeping it from framing my face. I turned— making my way down the stairs, my pants hugged the handgun stuffed on the hems of my pants, it shifted along with my movements. "I was simply trying to keep you safe." I said with sincerity.

He scoffed, "Oh really? It looks like to me like you're saving your own ass."

I shrugged, "That too." I admitted to spite him which had his cheeks flush with a hint of pink on his face. How cute. "Fuck you."

"Love you too, baby." I grinned; padding my way to the table and picked up my phone as well as my jean jacket. He gave a wry expression, "What are you doing?" He inquired subtly.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I cocked my head to the side, his blue scrutinizing gaze returned to a glare. "Whatever." He mumbled looking away.

I merely shook my head stalking towards him, he pushed himself against the headboard trying to keep a safe distance between us. I snorted, "Relax, I don't bite." My hand went into my pocket taking out the set of keys; I started undoing the handcuffs, "No, but I do."

He lunged forward, bit roughly onto my hand causing me to retract and hiss in pain. He shot off the bed and instantly I dropped the jacket on my hand dashing after him. He manages to undo the lock yanking the door open stepping into the hallway. He bolted.

I cursed under my breath running after him—for a short guy he runs fast. I was soon at his heels just when he started descending the stairs; so much for being nice. I managed to grab a fistful of his shirt hauled him to me—he lost his balance collided with my chest as I kept myself on my feet. My arms went around his torsos instantaneously and he began to struggle against my threshold, "Let me go!"