MATT S. [5]

My eyes stared intently at the handcuffs around my wrists wishing I can get Neil to take them off permanently. I managed to get the key from his pockets while he slept in order for me to shower and change. He really made it impossible and I didn't want to wake him up to have him 'help' me.

"How did you change your clothes with the handcuffs on?" His tone curious; I couldn't help flinching as I lifted my head to gaze at him nervously. "I...um...I kind of...took the keys....while you were asleep." I admitted knowing I might anger him—something I seemed to be doing a lot lately.

His honey brown eyes flickered to me for a moment while I admired the glasses and the dyed ginger-brown hair. It was hard not to notice how he's very hot, I've never really told anyone—not even Brian and Chrisander but I've always been into guys. "Why did you put them back on?" His question filled me with confusion.

I tilted my head, "Because...Because you said..." I trailed off unable to come up with an answer only leaving me gaping like an idiot. He's right, why in the hell did I put them back on? "You never listen to me or is it that you like being in handcuffs?"

My face heated up without permission making me curse myself for how easily he managed to fluster me. "No! I'm not into that kind of thing." My voice was close to a squeak yet succeeded to remain normal; he laughed, a shiver ran down my spine hearing such a deep, rich laughter that rung my ears. "I'm just messing with you. Here, take them off." One of his hands left the stirring wheel and drove with only one hand as he took out a set of keys.

The same keys I used to take off the handcuffs.

A smile came across my lips taking the keys and swiftly took them off letting it drop at my feet. "Thank you! My god, these things were killing me. Does that mean you trust me?" I said gleefully which quickly had me clearing my throat and blushing in embarrassment.

He snorted, "Hell no. Seeing you with those handcuffs is pitiful it's like putting a leash on a dog."

"I'm not a dog," I snapped, I can't be happy for a single moment without him ruining it. "I really hate you." I spoke spitefully.

He snickered with a coy grin, "I remember you saying you found me hot."

"No, I didn't!" Despite my denial, the heat rushed to my cheeks quickly betrays me only adding to his mild amusement. "Yes, you did. I'm not going to argue about it. I heard what I heard and you can't take it back." He mused mischievously, and I wished I could take all those words back. It had already left my mouth before I could even think of what to say to him.

I slouched against the seat turning my head to the window with a frown on my lips. What was once trees were now small businesses and houses but not a lot of people were around like I would have expected. The idea of going back home had flown out the window when I realized it wasn't as easy as I had thought. My life was in danger and coming into contact without anyone at all will put them and us in even more danger.

I wanted to hear my mother's voice again, not when I called her sounding as if she's been crying her heart out for hours. It was terrible, it tore me up all over the place. "I don't have a perfect life no matter how normal I want it to be. Around a few months ago my parents started fighting and I was left to take care of my little sister. After my brother graduated, he left to go to a college far away from home—he never told me why." The words were leaving my mouth, I wasn't sure why I was speaking to him about my personal life. I guess I just needed something.

"What were they fighting about?" Neil asked.

"I don't know. It was heated, sometimes they wouldn't even face each other and that's when I started drinking. I wanted to forget about it, I wanted to know why my brother just up and left." My gaze averted toward the side mirror of the car, black locks and blue eyes were reflected back to me.