Playing Games

Turtle Side Note- So... I said I would update my AoD before this... welp, I guess I lied, because this was really close to being done, so I just finished it quick. But don't fear, I will update the AoD book... eventually... just... use this to distract you for now.

About an hour had passed before the front door gently creak open.

Sans quietly stepped through, half of him hoping no one would hear him, only for that hope to be immediately crushed by a feminine voice calling him from the other side of the house.

"Sans? Is that you?"

Sans winced, cursing under his breath before calling back, "yeah..."

"Can you come over here, we need to talk." The voice responded.

Sans hung his head, looking at the ground, mentally preparing himself, "i'm comin', toriel." He knew better than to call her by a nickname when she was mad.

He shuffled through the house, walking to where he heard the voice coming from. The living room. He peeked around the corner hesitantly.

Toriel was sitting in her armrest, reading a book. She caught him in the corner of her eye, taking off her reading glasses, closing her book, and putting both the items on the table next to her. Papyrus was seated on the couch, pausing the game he was playing, looking over the back of it at his brother.

"hey-" Sans could barely make a sound before Toriel immediately cut him off.

"Explain." She crossed one of her legs over the other, folding her hands in her lap. She gave him a cold stare from across the room that could make any child burst into tears from fear.

Sans glanced to his brother, as if he was hoping to suddenly gain the ability to telepathically communicate with him from across the room so he could know what to say. Papyrus just sent him back an equally lost look, making it clear that neither one of them knew what to say.

Toriel caught onto what was happening, standing up, crossing her arms in front of her chest, "Better yet, how about we have a talk where you won't be distracted." As she said the last word, she made a small gesture towards Papyrus.

The younger skeleton's eyes quickly morphed from lost to guilty as he sunk more behind the couch.

Sans squeezed his eye-sockets shut, regretting even getting out of bed this morning. He let out a breath, before quietly mumbling an, "okay."

Toriel stood up, walking away, Sans having been through this enough to know just to follow and not ask questions.

Papyrus sat on the couch, waiting. He heard their feet go up stairs, before he heard a door shut. He silently got up from the couch, tip-toeing down the hall, then up the stairs. He walked by the bedroom doors silently, before he heard muffled voices coming from the bathroom door. He walked up to it, placing his feet to the side of the door to make sure it would be impossible for the boss monster to possibly see his feet from under the door. He leaned his body to the side, putting his head against the door to hear the conversation inside.

The goat monsters voice seemed stern, almost a bit harsh, "Sans, I've had it up to here with you." Papyrus could only assume she made a gesture with that statement. "This is not the kind of behavior I expect from you. I hope you know that."

There was a pause. A moment of silence that could have been either a nod from Sans, or him just not doing anything at all.

The woman then went on. "Now, would you like to explain yourself?" Papyrus could only feel bad for the look he was imagining her giving to his sibling. "What did that child do to deserve that?"