Lunatic

Turtle Side Note: Get ready folks for the disgusting edge that is my writing, yee haw.

“we... gotta talk.

The child sighed, standing in the doorway, looking down at the skeleton blankly, “Just say you're sorry and get it over with.”

Sans froze for a moment, feeling a pull on his soul. A pull that made him say something he really didn't want to, “no, kid, we gotta actually talk.”

Sans wanted to kick himself in the shin for saying that. He didn't want to talk, he wanted to get the child out of his face as soon as possible.

Sans grumbled to himself annoyed, watching the child’s expression turn from bored to surprised, “You want to…” Frisk felt a smile pull on their face but Sans could only see the strange inhuman gleam in their eyes. Frisk then continued, still keeping their overly sweet smile on their face, “We can talk in my room.”

The child walked into the house all the way, letting the door shut behind them. They headed up the stairs, turning to see Sans still standing at the bottom, “Are you going to come?”

Sans looked at them blankly, his usual comedic grin still stretched across his face, “heh, i’ll catch up in a minute, kiddo”

Frisk knew he was going to teleport as soon as they turned their back, so they did. A moment later, they heard a snap, turned back around, seeing the skeleton gone. They shrugged it off, going up the rest of the stairs before turning to their bedroom, opening the door, only to find the skeleton already there with Flowey, who was asleep in their window sill.

Frisk let out a breath, hopping onto their bed next to the skeleton. The bed creaked and groaned under their weight, and Sans didn't even bother to look in their direction.

“Go ahead, talk, Sans.” the child chirped, their voice sickenly kind. Sickenly fake.

Sans stared ahead, glancing at Flowey’s sleeping form, only one question buzzing in his mind, “why?”

“Why what?” Frisk asked, raising a brow.

Sans’ skull snapped towards the child, his eye-sockets narrowing but his smile remaining, “don't play dumb with me, kid, you know what i’m talking about.”

Frisk smirked, “You're asking why I resetted?”

Sans stared the so called human in the eye, seeing an empty husk look back at him, “i’m asking why you thought it was right. why you think it doesn't matter anymore.”

“Sans…” Frisk bowed their head, looking almost guilty.

The child froze.

Sans stared at them, his features refusing to soften, but his curiosity growing inside him.

He leaned towards the child, his soul pulsing slowly within his ribcage. He reached a hand towards them, only to find himself jumping back a moment later as their head snapped up, a grin splitting their features, “Sans! You're so ignorant!”

“what-?” Sans’ eye-sockets fluttered, blinking in a confusion he couldn't pin down.

“You don't understand me at all, do you?” The child's grin looked almost painful to hold, a soft laugh emitting from deep within them.

Sans felt his face wrinkle in disgust, “ ‘course i don't, kid. why the hell would i be askin’ if I did?” his eye-lights wavered, as if he was preparing for an attack that wasn't coming.