Chapter 7

Keith rolled over in bed to see his partner peacefully sleeping. He looked so beautiful. It took every ounce of Keith's self control to not kiss him or start playing with hair because that would wake him up. He still felt guilty about not thinking about Lance's career, and putting his feelings first but Lance was so sweet about. He was too good to him.
"Keith..." Lance mumbled in his sleep. That made Keith's heart burst. It was too early in the morning to be this smiley and happy. Keith wanted to lay there watching Lance for an eternity, but he also wanted some coffee. He tried to get out of bed without disturbing Lance, but it was to no avail.
"Hello?" Lance was barely awake and his thoughts were about as put together as when he was sleep talking.
"Good morning" Keith laughed. He leaned over and kissed Lance on the forward. Lance kissed back in Keith's general direction, but didn't make contact. He was like a drunk toddler when he woke up. "I'm gonna go have some breakfast and coffee. Feel free to join me when you're actually awake."
Lance just grunted in response, making Keith laugh again. Keith was so unfathomably happy. He honestly couldn't think of a person or experience that had made him feel the way Lance did.
When he got to kitchen and finished making his coffee, he decided he'd make them pancakes. Keith knew he wasn't the greatest chef, but he also knew that any idiot could follow the instructions on an instant pancake box. "Should I try to do hearts or something cutesy?" he asked himself. "No that's too much." Keith would never consider himself to be a romantic but he loved doing little sweet gestures. He got some fresh blueberries out of the fridge and dumped them in the batter. He knew Lance loved blueberries. He would never really label himself as a daydreamer either, but his heart got the best of his head this morning. Keith had always wanted a family of his own for as long as he could remember. The idea of little feet running down the stairs to get some of the pancakes on a morning like this made his heart swell. Lance came from a big family, so he had no doubts that he would want kids too. He didn't even care if the ones they adopted looked like them. The idea of their kids taking on almost any aspect of Lance's personality was perfect. Then Keith abruptly stopped what he was doing.
"I'm actually insane!" he declared to himself. What was he thinking? Kids with Lance? They weren't even openly dating!?
"Morning" said Lance who had appeared in the doorway just in time to save Keith from his own thoughts.
"Good morning! I'm making pancakes. Blueberry."
"You're actually amazing, you know that?" Lance said as he walked up behind Keith, grabbing him by the waist and kissing him on the neck. Keith blushed and giggled, and then blushed even harder because he had just giggled.
"Set the table, would you? I'm almost done."
"Yeah, no problem." This felt so natural. A lazy morning, in a Paris apartment, making pancakes, and being affectionate. It was perfect.
They sat down to breakfast and started planning for the rest of the day.
"So what do you want to do on our last day on tour?" Keith asked.
"I've actually got some shopping to do." Lance said through a mouth full of pancakes. "I promised almost every family member a souvenir, but I totally forgot until my mom texted me the other night asking about, so it looks like everyone is getting Eiffel Tower key chains."
"You're pretty cheap" Keith laughed.
"Well what do you think I should get them?"
"I don't know, something more thoughtful I guess."
"Yeah, you're probably right, but Allura will be with me, so she'll probably help."
"Allura?"
Keith's tone must have been too sharp because Lance felt the need to reassure him that there was no need to be jealous. "She's just a friend. Plus she's seeing someone or something. I'm honestly not sure because she was so reluctant to label it."
"Sounds like someone we know..."
"Hey!" said Lance, as if Keith had accused him of murder.
"I'm joking! I'm joking!" Keith laughed.
"Good!" Lance said, sounding weirdly relieved.
"This doesn't need a label" Keith said as he leaned across the small table to give Lance a kiss. Lance smiled.
"Do you want me to clear your plate?"
"Yeah, that'd be great, thanks. And since I made it, you have to do the dishes."
"I'm not sure if I like that deal."
"It's only fair!" Keith said in a sing-songy voice as he got up from the table. "On a different note, am I by myself this afternoon?"
"Yeah, I'm sorry. I mean you could come, but I promised her today cause we haven't seen each other in so long."
"No, that's fine. I'll probably just sit on the balcony and read." He opened two French doors that lead on to a small balcony with a beautiful view of the river Seine. "I mean this view is the main reason I bought this apartment."
"It really is amazing" Lance agreed. "We can go out tonight though."
"To dinner?"
"No, let's go clubbing."
"Clubbing? I don't know..."
"It'll be fun!" Lance insisted.
"What about the paparazzi?"
"French clubs are so crazy, they'll lose us the second we go in."
"I'll think about..." Keith said as he settled down with is book.
"I really think we'll enjoy ourselves." Lance said as he dried off his hands. "The dishes are done, so I'm gonna hit the road. Text me if you need anything." He kissed Keith quickly, and then slipped out the door.
"Clubbing, huh?" Keith thought to himself. "Could be fun..."

Author's Note: Finally an update! Sorry that's it not that eventful. The direction of this chapter was very different from what I had originally planned. More importantly though, who's excited for Klance clubbing?? Maybe I'll get some inspiration from those very popular dance au's 🤔