epilogue

Luke and Michael stood by the barricade of a Guns N' Roses concert, happily shouting the lyrics and dancing along to the songs. Paradise City was their favourite so far, seeing as they screamed louder than ever talking about pretty girls and green grass.

The crowd was packed and stuffy, and Luke was kind of sticky with sweat. Michael was no better, but they laughed it off and decided they cared more about the band then they did the sweat falling from their foreheads. As long as they kept drinking water, all would be well. No one wants to faint or pass out from dehydration after all.

Luke's head was in a million places as he and Michael shared a kiss through a small interlude. It was just the guitarist playing a string of notes, a long solo to fill up the background as the lead singer spoke.

"Who's having fun tonight?"

People began screaming, and Michael just grinned as Luke was one of those people. He was red faced and out of breath, but somehow Michael still thought he was the most attractive boy in the world. God was he lucky to have him.

"We're gonna slow it down now. Not too much, just a little."

Familiar piano keys began ringing through the arena and Luke tightly grabbed Michael's arm as their eyes met. It was their song. God, he almost forgot they were going to be playing it.

"Little special night tonight. Fucking scream along if you know the words, fill the place with some fucking love since this is the last song tonight."

It wasn't a love song, more so a song about not wanting to leave someone despite them not feeling the same, but to them, it was everything. It was their version of A Thousand Years and their version of Thinking Out Loud. A rockier, more entertaining version, Michael would add.

Their hands were intertwined the entire time, raising them to the sky as they began singing along. People followed their movements, waving their arms in the air and throwing up the lights on their phone. Their throats hurt too much to scream anymore, and they only hoped they could still be able to talk after the go head back to their shared home where they hope Calum remembered to feed their dog.

"And if you wanna love me, then darling don't refrain," the two sang loudly, and Luke leaned his head on Michael's shoulder. "Or I'll just keep on walking, in the cold November rain."

Michael pretendes to play guitar, following the guitarist as Luke laughed at his boyfriend's silliness. "Three years and you still play this song too many times on guitar."

"I gotta keep practicing it, that's all." Michael told him and shook his head. "I can't get rusty now. My band wouldn't like that very much."

"Mhm." Luke nodded. "Of course."

Michael looked down at his shoes as he smiled, fiddling with a box in the pocket of his leather jacket. He felt a tap on his shoulder and her looked up, turning to a couple who stood by him.

"Can we get a picture?" He vaguely heard the boy ask and he nodded, standing beside them with their back facing the stage as the girl took the photo.

"Thank you!"

He just nodded and watched them walk off before turning to Luke. "Almost missed the best part of the song." The blonde snickered and Michael rolled his eyes.

"Wouldn't want that now, would we?" Michael felt nerves pool on his stomach, and he shifted awkwardly to face Luke. "Hey-"

"Yeah?"

"We've come a uh a really long way since seventeen." Michael began, and Luke nodded as he crossed his arms. It was kind of hard to hear, but neither seemed to mind. "A really, really long way."

"Have we? I still dress like a girl and you still have your emo fringe." Luke giggled, not quite noticing what Michael was doing. He thought nothing of his nervous composure.

"Well yeah, but we also both have our own careers now." Michael smiled, raising an arm and giving the lead singer an 'okay' sign with his fingers before turning to a confused Luke. "We have our own apartment in LA and we've made it through a world of homophobia and know-it-alls."

"What's going on, Mikey?"

During the guitar solo, the spotlight shifted from the band to the two standing by the barricade, causing everyone to back up and give them some space. "Mike..."

"I love you, Luke. I meant it on my eighteenth birthday and I mean it now more than ever. Three years and you're still the only guy I ever want to spend my life with. You make my days so much brighter and my nights so much better. You make me a better person and you help me realize that I'm a much stronger than I ever thought I was." He continued, backing up a bit before tilting his lip up and looking at the floor. "Here it goes..."

He slowly got down on one knee, and he could hear the chorused gasps from the crowd. The band was still playing, and the couple was now on the big screens alongside them. It was so surreal, that the both of them almost couldn't believe this was happening.

"I love you to the moon and back, Luke Robert Hemmings." He smiled at his partner, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a black velvet box. He flipped it open, and then met Luke's ocean eyes, which were filling with tears the longer he stared at him. "Will you make me the luckiest man in the world, and marry me?"

Luke nodded, fanning his face as Michael's stomach did flips. "Yeah - Yes. Oh my god, Mikey yes." Luke laughed and Michael stood up again as Luke threw his arms around Michael's shoulders.

They shared a kiss, and Luke cut it short since he had to wipe the tears off of his face. He's glad he didn't wear too much makeup, or else it'd be smearing and running. He felt Michael grab his hand, and watched as he slid the ring along the fourth finger on his left hand.

The solo ended soon, having been prolonged, soon stopped and the singing began again as everyone cheered, congratulating the couple and singing the song. The lead singer pointed at the couple, and Michael turned to him as he held Luke to his chest.

Thank you, he mouthed and the singer shook his head, giving him a thumbs up before continuing the last song of the concert.

Life is amazing, Luke thought and Michael didn't even know what he was thinking, but the smile on his face made him smile and assume he felt the same.

Could life get any better, Michael asked himself, and he honestly felt excited for what the future was going to hold because now that Luke's going to be apart of the rest of his life, he felt like he was the luckiest man in the entire universe.

After all, as long as they had each other, everything was going to be just fine.

-

Hi guys, it's Ally!

So that was the end of November Rain and I'm honestly so sad because I loved writing this story so much. I really hope you guys loved it as much as I did (and thank you so so so much for even reading it). You're all so amazing and I love you. xx