1

edited + re-written

edited + re-written

❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀

age 10

Katsuki stood in front of Y/N's house, a neatly wrapped present clutched tightly in his hands as he waited for somebody to answer the door.

Today was Y/N's birthday and although Katsuki would never admit it, he searched a lot to find the perfect present for the girl he called his best friend [he even wrapped it himself but shh it's a secret].

So when she opened the door he couldn't help the tinge of pink that overcame his cheeks as he handed her the present embarrassedly.

"Here's your s-stupid present. Happy birthday or whatever, you loser."

He grumbled out the sentence, eyes never leaving the ground until she laughed, that is.

His cheeks became an even darker shade of red as he shifted awkwardly, he could've swore his cheeks were on fire they felt that hot. He shoved his hands into his pants pockets as the smaller girl leaned forward, throwing her arms around his neck in a tight embrace, causing him to freeze momentarily before he hugged her back slightly.

They stood like that for a few seconds before he pushed her off. The great Katsuki Bakugou couldn't be seen being all soft, duh.

"Don't touch me."

The smile never left Y/N's face as she pulled the blonde headed boy into her house, she was used to his tsundere ways by now. She took him straight to the kitchen where she saw her mum cutting cake. Her step mum was in the backyard supervising the other kids.

"I know that you like spicy things, so I asked my mum if they could make a curry for you, I helped of course so you better like it!"

Katsuki glared at the girl as he took the bowl of curry from her hands, taking a huge bite before his glare softened slightly.

"I suppose it's pretty good."

He was lying. It was obvious Y/N made it herself with small supervision from her parents, it tasted like shit and wasn't even spicy, but he wouldn't tell her that.

Y/N laughed once more before taking the cake her mum handed to her and leading Katsuki outside.

Y/N had invited a few other friends over, but Katsuki had no idea who they were because they both went to different primary schools.

Well, even if they went to the same one, he still probably wouldn't know who they were since he wasn't one for learning names.

Y/N went around introducing everyone to him, to which he replied with a small grunt and the odd "I don't give a shit", to which the girl would smack him harshly, telling him he shouldn't use that kind of language, not like he ever listened, but he used it less in front of her afterwards anyways.

Katsuki didn't think highly of anyone (except for All Might). He was always pining to be the best and trying his hardest to meet everyone's expectations, even at such a young age, but Y/N was someone he admired greatly, although he'd never admit it.

Even without a quirk she was strong and she was proud of who she was, regardless of how many people made fun of her (which weren't many anymore since Katsuki had a not so friendly 'chat' with the bullies.)

She had always fascinated him, since the day she punched him in the face 4 years ago and he didn't know much about crushes, but he was 99.98% sure he had a crush on her, the other 0.02% trying to convince him she still had cooties.

When it came to opening presents Katsuki made sure his was the last one she opened, claiming that she had to 'save the best for last.'

She did exactly that, she'd gotten an abundance of toys from her friends, new clothes, some money and a new pair of shoes, but in her eyes, nothing came close to the present Katsuki had bought for her.

She unwrapped the gift carefully, a black box coming into view and she looked up at him quickly, a teasing smile on her face.

"Are you proposing to me already? I'm only 10, Katsuki."

The crimson eyed boy shook his head quickly, stuttering out an incoherent sentence and cursing himself for losing his cool in front of so many people.

"Shut the hell up you idiot and open the goddamn box."

Y/N's smile widened as she opened the box to reveal a heart shaped pendent attached to a chain, on the back was an engraving of the date they first met.

"Are you gonna open it? Stupid head."

Y/N's fingers pried open the clasp to find on one side a picture of her and Katsuki from an amusement park they went to for his 8th birthday and in the other side was a picture of them in the blanket fort they made the first time he stayed over.

She couldn't help the small squeak that escaped her mouth as she jumped up and hugged the boy quickly.

"I love it, thank you so much!"

Y/N's mother was quick to snap a picture of the scene before hiding the camera as if it had never even happened, [SM/N] chuckling slightly as she witnessed it.

---------

The sun had set about an hour ago and Katsuki was the last to leave the party, a goody bag in his hand as his mum had hold of the left over curry Y/N and her mothers had made.

When they'd stepped outside the door Y/N embraced Katsuki once more, but he didn't push her away this time.

"I'll take you up on that marriage offer when you become the number one hero, kay?"

That day, he promised to become the hero she wanted him to be.

❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀