Chapter 11

ANNABETH POV

We heard the commotion going on in the next room and when we heard it get taken out into the hall we opened the door to see what was happening, we saw the three boys go toppling down the stairs but in the end Liam had gotten away.

I closed the door and turned to Percy, "when do you want to tell them about us?" I asked, going to lay down on the bed.

"I don't know, I know we should tell them, but I don't know" Percy said.

I sighed, "maybe we should give it a bit longer, learn more about them first before we go revealing the gods and stuff"

Percy smiled and got laid next to me, I rested my head on his chest "and that's why I call you WiseGirl". He started drawing circles on my arm and I could feel myself drifting off to sleep.

When I opened my eyes I wasn't in the bedroom anymore. I was in a big open space. A light was flashing on some sort of console. I saw a big fist slam a button.

It was a guy. Well a man. He was big and wore a white t-shirt.

"Derek?" he called, "Derek you here?"

He had papers in his hand, he looked down at them. I heard a sound of something flying through the air.

Buried in the mans chest was an silver axe. It went right through the papers he'd been holding just a second ago, now they were just dangiling, held in place by the axe.

The man fell to his knees.

Another someone walked slowly out of the shadows. He was dressed in black. His pants tucked into his boots, gloves covering his hands.

He had no mouth.

"D- Derek..." the man with the axe in his chair struggled to say

No mouth man lifted up his arm and started to press something "don't worry Peter, Derek is next" said an electronic voice.

Then the dream changed. I was in Hell. I knew where I was immediately, I'd dreamt about this place so many times before, it always ending in me waking up crying and screaming.

I heard growls, whispers, the sounds of evil everywhere. And then I heard scuttling. The sound of millions upon millions of legs running towards me.

Suddenly spiders were everywhere. They just kept coming. They were covering me. I didn't have my dagger. I didn't have a sword.

They reached up to my ankles.

To my knees. To my waist.

I screamed. I couldn't breathe. They were dragging me down. They covered my face.

Everything went dark.

I opened my eyes wide and gasped for breath. I looked around. I was on a bed. I was in a bedroom. My bedroom. The one I now shared with Percy.

I started to control my breathing. I felt Percys hand rubbing my back, his other hand squeezing mine.

"Annabeth breath" he was saying soothingly.

"Hey is she ok?" I heard Scott.

I took two more deep breaths before answering. "I'm fine, sorry it was just a nightmare".

"Scott came to explain a little more about the whole werewolf thing, if you're not feeling up to it we can do it tomorrow". Percy said.

I shook my head. "No I'm fine".

Scott sat on the edge of the bed facing us.

"Ok basically I'm a werewolf. They exist and so do a bunch of other creatures, Malia shes a were-cayote, like a werewolf but part cayote, erm, Lydia she is a banshee which basically means she can predict death and she sometimes screams to help focus, I guess is the right word, her power, honestly we're still learning about her powers, Kira she's a Kitsune, a fox, she doesn't transform like I do, but she has a really really big tolerance to electricity and she is deadly with her sword, we're still working on her powers too, and Stiles said you met Miguel the other day, well his name isn't Miguel he's Derek, he's a werewolf too, he got changed into his 16 year old self by this crazy ex-werewolf hunter we all thought was dead which is why we went down to Mexico" Scott said.

This was all really interesting. I'd heard of banshee's before, I'd read folklore about them, but I'd never heard of a Kitsune. I guess its something I'll have to read up on.

"Look you know now and that might actually keep you safer, but this town is dangerous, even more so if you get involved with this stuff so I'm thinking it might be best if you stay away from the supernatural stuff, don't get involved" he said.

"We can take care of ourselves" Percy said.

"Maybe against your average mugger but not against fangs and claws". Scott said.

Before Percy could say anything else I said "thanks for filling us in Scott, we'll watch our backs".

Scott stood and smiled, "I'll let you guys get some sleep, if you have any questions just ask, night", and then he left.

"This town is like Halloweentown" Percy said to me.

I giggled "you've seen that movie?"

"Are you kidding me of course I have, I've seen all four"

We both laughed.

SCOTT POV

After talking with Annabeth and Percy I quickly showered then got changed for bed.

I got laid in bed but I couldn't sleep. I couldn't even keep my eyes closed. I had to much stuff going on in my head.

All I could think about was Liam, and how young he was and the warning I had received from the Calaveras when we left them in Mexico. What were they going to do when they found out I had turned a 15 year old kid! The fact that I did it to save his life would mean nothing to these people.

And what the hell was I going to do with a Beta. I was just getting the hang of this alpha thing as I was without throwing a newly turned werewolf into the mix! 

And what happened if the bite killed him. He was young so he had more chance of not dying but that wasn't always the case. It hadn't been the case with Paige, Dereks teenage love.

And then my mind changed to Kira and how I had finally kissed her. And not just a crappy kiss like how you kiss your grandma which had been terrible when I accidently did it in the hall earlier today. No a full on proper kiss before I drove Liam and Percy to the hospital.

Just thinking about it made me smile.

I wondered if Percy and Annabeth was asleep yet. I used my heightened hearing to see if I could hear them snoring.

Instead I heard them talking.

"What was your dream about?" I heard Percy ask.

God that had been creepy. I had walked into their room to see, Annabeth stuggling to breath and thrashing as if she was having some sort of panic attack in her sleep.

I was about to stop listening in on them, it was a total invasion of privacy but I heard Annabeth say:

"The man with no mouth" this made me carry on listening.

"What you mean--?" Percy started.

"Like the one you dreamt about the other night, with a bald head, no mouth and the axes, there was a man, Peter he called him, and he threw an axe at him, it was buried in his chest, this Peter guy was calling out a name 'Derek', and the man with no mouth said not to worry, that this Derek person would be next".

They were talking about Derek, Peter, and the mouthless man. That couldn't be a coincidence. How did she know all that. What sort of a dream had that been. And what did she mean by 'like the one you dreamt about the other night'?

Had Percy dreamt about this man too?

Where they like Lydia?

I grabbed my phone and rang Derek.

No answer so I left a voice mail instead, "Derek, it's Scott, you need to check on Peter I think something bad has happened, and Derek, watch your back".