Chapter 27

Percy POV

I watched Liam and his friend Mason. I was only a couple of feet away and could hear their conversation.

"He wants to destroy me" Liam said. They were both watching Brett who for some reason was choosing now to change into his lacrosse kit meaning he was currently shirtless.

"I think you could definitely take him" Mason nodded in agreement, not taking his eyes off the half dressed boy.

Looking at how Mason was watching Brett made me remember that time I walked into the training pavilion and saw Will staring all heart-eyed at Nico who was training in just and unzipped hoodie.

I missed part of the conversation while day dreaming.

"You know he wants to humiliate me and ruin my life don't you" I heard Liam say.

"Ahuh. And you can take him. And then you can give him to me".

The two of them started to laugh.

This just made me think of my friends. Will and Lou-Ellen laughing. Nico and Jason. Piper and Hazel and Thalia and Grover. All of them. I missed them.

I felt someone wrap their eyes around my waist and place their head on my shoulder. I knew it was Annabeth. 1) Her smell was very familiar. 2) Who else would wrap their arms around me lovingly?

"You nervous?" She murmered softly.

I shook my head with a smile "No. Well not really. This wouldn't be the first time we've played a deadly sport would it?"

"Yeah but this is a human we're going up against" she said.

"I've learnt that sometimes humans are the worst kind of monsters" I sighed.

She nodded in understanding. She probably thought I was talking about all the evil humans we'd come across. Smelly Gabe for example. And yeah thinking of it that would work too.

But my first thought was Scooby-Doo.

"Just be careful"

"I promise" I turned my head and kissed her. "I should probably go for a pee before the game starts".

Derek POV

I could hear the crowd at the lacrosse game. Idiots. They should have just cancelled the damn game.

"You're thinking about how stupid they are aren't you?" Chris asked walking up behind me.

"Yep." I nodded.

"They'll be fine. Scott can handle it and I believe there's two demigods now"

I had to bite back my response about about Stiles. He was playing tonight and he was just a human!

" So you gonna show me what Kate was after?" Chris asked.

I pulled out the circular triskleion out of my pocket.

" We use it to teach our young betas how to control the shift".

"Which means she can't control it"

I nodded.

" What do you plan on doing when you find her?" I asked.

"I'll take care of it. I have some place I can take her?"

I wanted to make some snarky comment about werewolf jail but then I realised it made me sound far too much like Stiles for my liking.

"You going to kill her?"