Chapter 39

Scott POV

I made it to school for the last 2 hours, it wasn't much but it was something. All the hours counted and atleast coming in for the last couple of periods might help me avoid getting too far behind.

Why did no supernatural threats ever come when school was out for the summer? Even Voldermort was nice enough to let Harry have the school year to himself. Why couldn't pyscotic werewolves and bloodthirsty assassins give us the same courtesy?

I sighed and headed into school. I set one foot inside and my phone buzzed. I groaned. Please don't be anything serious, please don't be anything serious. I had my fingers crossed and everything as I pulled my phone out my back pocket. And then I let out a sigh of relief when it was just a text from Stiles saying him and Lydia where on there way too Eichon House.

"Mr McCall" a strict voice called out. I turned and saw my maths teacher, "nice of you to join us, school isn't voluntary, you cant come and go as you please"

"I-"

"But at least you've come unlike your friends?" the way she said it made it seem like she was asking where they were.

"Right yes, er .. Stiles and Lydia they're .." currently on their way to the resident nut house to talk with a not 100% stable banshee about who made the werewolf kill list. Yeah, I couldn't say that. "doing important stuff, Kira she's .. ill. Chronic vomiting" Telling my teacher that my girlfriend who is a great swordsman that she is basically a human puke machine probably wasn't the best idea but I panicked and once again I couldn't exactly tell her the truth could I? Right now Kira was helping her parents come to terms with the deadpool and also assassin proof their home.

"And Malia and your newest addition to your little friend group?"

Malia? "Malia isn't here?" She'd sent me and the rest of us a terrifying text this morning complaining that we weren't here.

"No, she walked out of class and never came back, I checked with the office at lunch and it appears she didn't show up for any of her other classes either".

I'd been so hopeful for about 30 seconds that I could have just a couple of hours stress free without worrying about anything and now Malia had suddenly disappeared.

"And Mr Dumbar?"

Seriously!

"Liam isn't in either?"

My heart dropped. I tried to reason with myself, he's 15, he probably just didn't do his homework and didn't want the lecture so skipped class, or he lost track of time while training outside. Just cause one teacher hadn't seen him doesn't mean anything bad had happened. We didn't even know he was on the list. He was newly turned, he probably isn't even on the list.

But Percy and Annabeth only just got here and yet they're on the list, the other part of my brain reminded me.

"D-don't worry, I'll tell them" and then I ran off to try and track Liam down and call Malia.

I multitasked, phone to my ear, waiting for Malia to pick up while I rushed around the school in search for my beta.

No answer from Malia and no sign of Liam.

I was really starting to panic but then:

"Scott!" I heard someone shout. I spun around to see Liams friend Mason.

"Have you seen Liam?" I asked immediately.

Please say yes, please say yes.

"No" he said and my panic rose "I was about to ask you the same thing".

"He said he was going running with you this morning"

"Yeah and we did, then it was like he was in a world of his own and he just ran off, I followed but I got to end of the trail and I coudnt see him anywhere, I just figured he needed to let off some steam but I still haven't heard from him".

So all my theories of him just cutting class obviously weren't anywhere close to what had happened.

"Ok don't worry we'll find him" this may sound like I was trying to comfort Mason but I think it was mainly just me trying to comfort myself. "Go back to class, text me if he shows up".

I spun around leaving him stood there worried and confused, his heart was racing, so was mine.

"What are you going to do?" he shouted after me.

What was I going to do? I had no clue, I had no answer for him so I didn't reply.

I was out in the parking lot about to ring Stiles and let him know what was going on and also make sure they were still safe when my phone started ringing.

The caller ID read: LIAM

I nearly dropped the phone as I went to answer it.

"Liam, where are you? Why aren't you at school? W-" I started immediately.

My blood froze when the voice on the other end wasn't Liams. "Scott, your precious beta doesn't have much longer to live. Meet me by the school busses in five minutes, come alone and don't tel anybody, if you do then I'm afraid poor little Liam will pay the price". Garret.

The phone went dead. I stared paralysed before suddenly my legs were moving and I hadn't even realised. I was sprinting through the halls.

I found him cheerfully resting against a bus, looking smug. "Nice of you to join me".

"Where is he?" I growled.

"One thing at a time McCall, first you need to do something for me" he said, pushing off the bus to face me.

Was this guy crazy "I'm not doing anything for you. Tell me where he is and what you've done to him or I swear to god-"

"What you'll kill me? No you wouldn't. We both know you wouldn't. I, on the other hand would. Infact I have, many many times. I stabbed Liam with a blade freshly dipped in yellow wolfsbane. It's only a matter of time before the poison reaches his heart. Now I don't have much experience with this exact species of wolfsbane so I don't know how much pain Liam's in right now or the lasting side effects but I'm willing to bet a lot of money that the end result is death".

No. No I wasn't losing anybody else.

"Liam was your friend"

Garret laughed "I don't have friends, I have Violet" at the mention of Violet his face changed into something evil and twisted "and you took her away from me. And now you're going to help me get her back".

I remembered my dad saying Violet was being moved today.

"She's being moved in 45 minutes, you hep me get her free and I'll tell you exactly where your precious Liam is, that should leave you with enough time to get him to that vet of yours before his heart stops beating". he smied again smugly "so we have a deal?"

This was crazy. He was crazy. But obviously I had to do it, what other choice did I have?

"Fine" was all I said.

I was not about to let Liam die. I'd save him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------