Chapter 4 | (Theerthali) The Extinction

Due to Theerthali Commander's orders those disciples moved towards the Maahishmati Crowds, Kattavani was worried about the sudden Command but if he went now his intentions would be known to all. He kept fighting, it was getting harder and harder. Maahishmati was utilizing all they have and weren't leaving any chance but still the smile of Commander wasn't replaced which made Kattavani hell bend worried.

Everything was going on Maahishmati's side. Theerthali's half territory was beaten. Drushtdumnya couldn't be more sure about the collapse of Theerthali Samrajyam but suddenly remaining Soldiers came on the battlefield with... Ladies and children of their kingdom. This angered Drushtdumnya more than anything, he started penetrating the crowd of Theerthali to free them.

"Drushtya!"

There was a far cry, he turned around and saw his wife , Sivadurga with their baby. She wasn't crying, she had many cuts and scratches which were deep enough to be visible from there. At one side of the battlefield there was his wife and child and on the other ... he walked away from his crying baby to save his left Samrajyam.

Kattavani was crying inside out looking all those helpless people, they were afraid of being eaten and more than that they were afraid of watching their loved one being eaten just in front of their eyes. Their eyes triggered something in Kattavani but then he heard the crowd shout. While Drushtdumnya was saving them the eldest son of Kalega Tarrao was holding a lady by her neck.

"No!! Please no!!" All the ladies were crying

All the ladies were crying and beating their chests, soldiers were unable to reach. She was about to be ripped in two pieces but Kattavani came in between and saved her and the baby. He was a father himself now how could he let a baby die? He couldn't see or touch his baby how could he snatch that chance from anyone else? The crowd was still raging but Theerthali's commander was anything but pleased, he jumped from his Chariot and took out his sword to kill Kattavani for betraying the Kingdom.

Kattavani could see his death, he wanted to hold Sunandi's hands, and move his fingers into her long hair. He wanted to at least see his baby, his remnant. Someone who will remind him of Sunandi. The sword went deep inside his stomach, he convinced himself that it didn't hurt. But he was wrong it was hurting, leaving his lovable wife with a fatherless baby hurt him, leaving the country in the hands of these Man-Eaters was hurting him.

Drushtdumnya's eyes stung, the man in front of him saved his wife and his newborn baby from dying when he couldn't do anything. He gave last command and went towards Kattavani, he kept his head on his lap.

"I can't t-thank you, what you.." Drushtdumnya was stopped

"My wife.... su-sunandi... my ba-"

Drushtdumnya was heart broken, the man on his lap died. He kept his hand on his chest and promised him that no matter what he will save his wife and his baby? Was that what he said? He took out that man's ring and kept it with him.

That day, they won against Theerthali. Many of them ran away though they were being searched but that wasn't the matter that should be taken care of. Drushtdumnya went to search for someone named Sunandi, and found her in a hut with another vicious lady standing with the baby in hand. He didn't know why but he got negative vibes from the other lady.

"Stay away!" The lady said

"Calm down, I'm the king of Maahishmati Samrajyam"

Other lady who wasn't interested in anything came in front suddenly, looked at him with admiration.

"Y-you are from Maahishmati? Does that mean... " she trailed off

"Yes Theerthali lost but we will shelter all of you. We even-"

"What? We lost, did the king die?" Kaiki asked with worry

"Yes, we had to. I'm sorry but I promise we will give you all a better lifestyle, a better chance at living without biases" he said

Something inside Sunandi broke, when king has died himself does that mean Kattavani... died too? Does that mean that all this time when he couldn't come to see her was because he was fighting for their future? Sunandi's eyes stung, she shouldn't have misunderstood about him, she should have had trust in him. She trusted the poisonous lady's talks and in a way betrayed her soulmate. But maybe he's alive? What if king of Maahishmati know where he is? Kaiki seemed very dissatisfied by the loss, Sunandi couldn't figure out why. She went inside the hut to bring some water for the new king.

She left the baby to be cradled by Kaiki, And when she came out with the earthen small pot filled with water. No one was there. Kaiki wasn't visible, the king and his men were no where in sight. Her heart sank, her baby , Rudrakshini? Where was she? She haven't even kissed her forehead, why did she loose sight of her? The pot fell from her hand and she searched everywhere to have found any signs of her baby but in vain.

She kept crying and kept walking to reach somewhere, to ask forgiveness for doubting her husband who did nothing but loved her. She wanted to scream at herself for trusting anybody and leaving her baby with Kaiki, the poisonous lady. She reached somewhere but she didn't knew where.

...

The Saga Begins