Chapter 7 | Maahishmati III

"I was... I was-"

"Whatever, go eat!"

Like always she nodded and sat down to eat. Rudra noticed that as compared to all these days Amma was acting strange, pacing round the room and her face anxious.

"Amma, did anything happen?"

As if in cue she turned around and sat down to her level.

"Puta, I was so wrong about those royalties. They aren't cruel in fact they are the ones with most pure heart and i... such bad lady stopped you from playing with that innocent guy. Kshamisi nanna"

Rudra could not believe her ears, these were the words she always wanted to hear, not the pity voice but the tone of tenderness. She had always pictured mother as caring and gentle kind but her mother was never like that but today when for the first time she got gentle Rudra couldn't believe it. She shook her head and gulped the food.

"Amma, you were only looking out for me. It's not your fault, please don't worry yourself just because of this"

"Only you promise to keep playing with them

Rudra nodded even though the tone wavered a bit this time. That day when at evening she went to play she couldn't find Manikantha anywhere, only Amar was aiming at the water.

"Hey, where is Mani?"

"I don't know, he didn't tell me anything"

"....and what are you doing? Water won't stop by your useless throws Amar!" Rudra laughed

"....and the Inaam of Buddhiman goes to you? Dumb girl! Yesterday some Rajas made deal with our province, I don't know what but they are going to train people from our province. Last night I heard from some Sipayi that when they stay at forest to hide from rivals-"

"-stay at forest?" Rudra questioned

"Yes..since they don't get cooked food, they rely on Wild anima-"

"-what? Wild animals? As in those which are double our size?" Rudra again interrupted

"Yes, when they can find a shelter near river they aim at fish and-"

"Wow that's amazing, we also eat fish but... due to hunger or need aiming in hunger, just the feel of pressure must be so great! I don't know how can people live in forest and eat wild animals, and look dangerous too"

Amar stood silent for some time, Rudra noticed it pulled his cheeks and gave him a large grin.
"I won't say in between now, i promise"

"I don't have anything to say now"

They both laughed, then Rudra took hold of the sharp edged tool. It was made of a wood piece and a pointed sleek stone was tied very tightly on it. She saw Amar's failed attempts to catch any fish so she took it from his hand and saw fishes swimming with speed matching to her excited heart rate. She focused on a same breed of fish, she assumed its position in some seconds and crammed the sharp edged tool ahead of the fish's actual position and kept doing it. Assuming there must be some fish which would cover the distance at appropriate time when she strikes again and then....it did.

"Oh my wow Rudra! How did you do it?"

She smiled but she wasn't happy. She looked at the fish which was struck in the middle with the tool, what made her whimper was the withering of the fish. It was slowly being engulfed by death and by knowing she was the sole reason behind it she couldn't stand happy for her achievement. She ran and ran so fast that she could not see trees anymore, she would never be able to live in this world of rivalry and opposition.

She stopped running and looked around to find a way to go back but it was already late resulting in darkness. She tried to find the way from which she came by roaming but in vain. Then suddenly there was some sounds in the bushes and she feared the wild beasts which she just heard.

"Rud-Rudra!"

Rudra turned around to find Amar standing near the bush with his hands on his knees, panting.

"Why are you here?" Rudra asked

"...because you are"

Rudra turned away and wiped her tears and forward her hand which Amar took. They walked through the forest together even though it was hard at beginning but they eventually figured out.

"Amar, wait! The thing you told about the training of people of province, I wanted to know what all would be in it?"

"I don't know because I myself heard from some Sainik when I was coming here, I'll ask Amma and tell... wait you want to listen yourself?"

Rudra hesitated, except Amar she had never attended to any Royalties. She shook her head and started walking back, Amar came in front of her and made pleading face.

"No Amar, it would be so..."

"Odd"

"Yes and also.."

"Inappropriate"

"Yes, and to addition right now I'm not..."

"Presentable"

"Amar!"

She came forward to hit him and ran, they never stop.

Drushtdumnya really found Kunwar Meghwal very friendly and trust worth. The deal with the Sea links was going more than good, he had arranged many Fishermen and a plan to make a Dock near it from which they can plan many Yojanas. He also liked the way Kunwar were selecting the Sena, he started grooming all the youngsters too. His motto was "Yudham Vijayam" and he kept saying it all the time when they met.

He saw Sivadurga searching around the gate of Mahal with worried eyes, he was about to move to ask her the reason of her worry but a Sainik came with a Patr with a unknown Mudra on it.

PICTURE

Sivadurga was tired, she sat down on stairs and prayed for her son to come back home soon. Just as she finished praying she saw him coming running towards her with a huge smile on his face which suddenly lessened when he saw her sitting there.

"Amma, why are you sitting--

She engulfed him in a big hug and then looked at him.

"No one let's me complete" Amar huffed

She laughed, took him inside and asked what made him so late. He told her everything about how Rudra caught the fish and how she felt bad about that. He also told her that he didn't let her alone in the forest but he went for her and that they came back together, then he told her about how uncomfortable she was to meet her. She really like everything she does, she loves the passion of learning something new.

"Tomorrow morning after you complete playing or whatever is that what you do, bring them both here. It would be nice to know your friends now"

Sivadurga noticed a little bit ofw redness in Amar's cheeks but she didn't question it. She had other heavy matters to think about: The Secret passage.

A/N
Hello everyone! I've thought of deciding a particular day when I'll update and that will be Thursday!

Insta: novelsxfood_ecstasy
(Just message WATTPAD)