Chapter 12 Prom Bowling

Prom is here, I left the tour early, graduation is tomorrow. Life is just a bit too fast right now.

"You look beautiful Rosie." Drake says as I meet him on the front step of my dorm. I duck my head biting my lip. "I got these for you." He brandishes a simple corsage and matching boutonniere.

"You didn't have to." I tell him.

"It's prom, a prom outfit isn't finished without them." He says, "May I?" He asks holding out my corsage. I nod and he slips it onto my wrist. I take the boutonniere and pin it to his jacket.

"And we welcome to the stage tonight..." The DJ drags out the wait, "Our top scholar's band KnightSong." I look up alarmed. Drake and I share confused looks.

"Good evening everyone." Michael greets.

Before he can continue Lucas interjects, "Just to clarify, we're not her band, she's just our manager." Everyone laughs and Hale drums a beat on the table. "As you can see this is an impromptu performance."

"Aren't they supposed to be in-" Drake begins.

"In Albany, yeah, they are." I finish for him.

"So what are they doing here?" He whispers. I shrug.

"We wanted to surprise everyone and perform at the best manager's prom."

"I'm going to get fired." I mumble resting my forehead on his shoulder so I don't stare daggers at them.

Drake puts his arm around me kissing the top of my head.

The way you're looking at me like I don't already know
This is how it happens, this is just the way it goes
I can see him on every inch of your skin
You can pretend it's right

Tell me is he everything you wanted?
Tell me does he love you like I did?
I hope when you think about it you know
What you got with him won't even come close
Tell me does he love you like I did?

Does he love you like I did, did, did, did, did? [4x]

Time and time again I fall for you
Baby, these are nothing more than memories to you
Do you ever wonder why something's missing, when you pretend it's right?

Tell me is he everything you wanted?
Tell me does he love you like I did?
I hope when you think about it you know
What you got with him won't even come close
Tell me does he love you like I did?

Does he love you like I did, did, did, did, did? [4x]

He can't, he can't, give you that all the magic that we had
He can't, he can't, give you that magic, magic that we had
He can't, he can't, give you that all the magic that we had
He can't, he can't give you that magic, magic, magic, magic

Tell me is he everything you wanted
Tell me does he love you like I did (does he love you like I did)?
I hope when you think about it you know (think about you)
What you got with him won't even come close (it won't even come close)
Tell me does he love you like I did (does he love you like I did)?
Does he love you like I did, did, did, did, did (does he love you like I did)? [4x]

Does he love you like I did?  

Drake tenses at the lyrics he knows they're aimed at me as Lucas sings. I pull Drake to the back of the room where we're alone with the  punch bowl away from the crowded dance floor.

KnightSong sings Drake and my song next which sets him on edge even more. These boys seriously need to stop while they're just barely a head. "It's you and me, and all of the people, and I don't know why. I can't keep my eyes off of you." I sing quietly to him from our song. "What day is it?"