You can call me Mia

This chapter is dedicated to my first follower  xXTheUnknownGirl22Xx. Thank you so much. No combination of 26 alphabets could describe how wonderful it is to have someone follow you and read your story. It helps me to write despite my bust schedule.

As the seminar got over Jenny volunteered to drop me off home as she was going towards the same direction. We drove in complete silence me wandering off to the thoughts of the pen-pal program and she being her usual self.

I reached the door and turned back to see if I could see Johaan, but luck never favored me so why would it today. Sam wasn't back yet from office. He has been quite different lately. He comes home late. Doesn't complain about the food. Snuggles and wraps his hands around my waist while sleeping. I am not complaining or happy either, it just seems too true to be real.

I reached my room and took a warm shower. I put on a sweatshirt and shorts and crawled up the bed along with my laptop. Sam called up and informed that he would be having dinner and returning home late.

I used the free time I have to check up on the pen-pal program. It was a simple program for a month, in which after registering we will be assigned a pal with whom we can communicate and know each other, the limit was all to be decided by us. By the end of the month we had to write an article of it this initiative helped us grow in a positive way.

I registered on the site, before while I create a new Gmail account as Sam know the password to all my accounts be it facebook, Instagram or Gmail. T wasn't like I would be cheating on Sam through this program, I could be assigned a girl for all I know. I signed up using the new account and the did the necessary verification steps. After registering there were a series of 7 questions while will help us to find a possible match.

Nervousness stormed within me looking at all the questions. As I decided to answer the questions, my stomach started rumbling again. My poor stomach needed its hourly doze of food. I left the laptop on the bed and headed towards the kitchen. There were no munchie so I made myself a sandwich. I checked the time to ensure Sam wasn't coming back yet. I took the plate of sandwich upstairs to answer all the question. I sat on the bed, said a short prayer. I have no idea why am I acting so scared. Its like I have developed this bipolar behavior of being brave and scared all within 60 seconds. I read the questions and began to answer them.

Question 1: What's one thing you've done, but will never end up doing again?

Hmmm... strange. I can solemnly declare myself as the most boring person so I don't have any dangerous fun activity that I did. But since I have to write something I guess I could tell about me trying to drive Sam's car. I started off well but within the next 3 seconds I hit the tree. He was furious but refrained from hitting me since I might have got a concussion. He just simply never let me near the steering wheel of his car. So yea driving a car.

Question 2: Name one of your biggest fears ?

To not feel loved is my fear but wont this answer be too dramatic. What if the answer appears on my profile.

So instead I wrote Spiders. (Yes spiders are scary, very very scary)

Answer : Spiders

Question 3: If you could undo anything from the past, what is it?

Answer : I would study medicine instead of doing majors in accounts and statistics

Question 4: What's your favorite childhood memory?

Answer : Going to the beach with my dad. My last best memory.

Question 5: Are you working or going to school?

Answer : School

Question 6: Can you speak in any foreign languages?

Answer :French

I actually speak the worst french, but at least I can converse to some extent

Question 7: What's the last book you read and really loved?

Answer : Girl on the train my Paula Hawkins.

I don't understand how these questions were even relevant and why were they 7 and not 5 or 10 like but I answered them anyways.

As they were processing the answers within 10 sec a notification popped up stating they found a suitable user and his/her email id would be sent to my pen-pal account. I had to click on OK which confirms that I am not joking around and actually interested in contacting the user assigned me.

The user id was

I was scarred. I this really what I want to do ? Will this fix things that I have accepted to never be fixed. Hesitation, confusion and maybe the big whole lectures of being loyal to your bofriend popped up in my head. My head started reasoning out how this wouldn't affect anything

I am gonna send my pal a mail. No more doubts. No turning back

To: pen21

From : pen75

Hey. You have been paired up with me. I don't know if its a good or bad thing for the either of us. So lets find out

Talking to a stranger, sending texts is just a weird feeling altogether, I am new to all this since I don't have many friends. So to make things simpler I wanted to suggest to not try and know each other through names initially, because we will end up believing the version of ourselves we portray on social media sites.

I am extremely excited and nervous as I write to you.

I don't know where did people get this idea from. Maybe it works in a way we yet don't know about. But again what exactly is the outcome of all this.

P.S. You can call me Mia (Don't let the name fool you for the gender)

-Mia

Vote, comment

Share love :)

Don't forget to smile