= Chapter 39 =

"Let's seize the day. Let's run away. Don't let the colors fade to grey."

-Jeremy Lockhart
=============
SKYLAR⚓️

"I'm not jumping down." I wiggled out of his arms.

"You don't have a choice Skylar, jump or get burnt?"

I remained quiet.

"Are you actually thinking on what to choose ? Gosh Sky!" He grabbed me by the waist, sweeping me off my feet. As a result, my legs hooked around his torso.

Cupping my chin, he gave me a soft look. "You don't have to be scared Sky, I'm here okay?" I nodded before burying my head into the crook of his neck. Though Jeremy sounded assuring, I could feel his heart beating as fast as mine.

Siting at the ledge of the window, he took a deep breath as my fingers gripped his tshirt. The next thing I knew, we both started screaming , my hair flying into all directions.

"AHHHHHHHHH OOPMH!" Jeremy landed on the ground first with me in his arms, protected.

"Damn my head" he groaned, rubbing the back of his head. Fluttering my eyes open, I looked up to see his blue eyes squinting in pain.

"WE'RE ALIVE!!...Jeremy! Are you alright?" I kneeled beside him.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine" he brushed off, before I lifted his blonde fringe that fell over his eyes.

"You're bleeding!" My eyes examined his gash at the side of his forehead.

"Well, as if that's something new." He muttered, with a snort.

"What did you say?" I didn't comprehend his comment, he shrugged it off.

"It doesn't matter, you're safe at least. We can get bandages anyway. " He sighed, siting upwards. Placing a hand over my heart, I mocked.

"You care for me?"

"Uh no, I'm just glad you're safe cause your mom would kill me if something happened to you." He said in a bored tone. And now we're back at the tough Jeremy who is covering his feelings. Sometimes he drives me up the wall with his bipolar-ness.

Glancing back at the church which had thick black fumes stretching skywards, the loud sirens could be heard.

The howling wind that blew through the forest fed the raging flames,  turning the church into a gloomy black.

"We should get going before the police gets here, come on" I stood up with Jeremy's arm over my shoulder.

The sun was setting as we reached Jeremy's car, I couldn't believe a day could pass by that quick.

We had 29 days left.

"Where are we going to spend the night?" I asked as we drove off.

"I have my contacts." He smirked, his eyes sparkling with excitement.
We were far from home, and to be honest, I didn't want to go back. If this whole road trip would have happened to me a few months back, I would have definitely wanted to be back home. I would have wanted to be safe and protected by the walls of my house but now...