= Chapter 54 =

"When you love someone,you love the person as they are and not as you'd like them to be."

-Jeremy Lockhart
=============
SKYLAR⚓️

"Are we there yet?" I asked for the millionth time. With Jeremy's hands draped over my eyes, it wasn't easy walking.

"I think it'll take about 3 hours more to get there."

"Are you shitting me?!" I yelled in exasperation, hearing him chuckle in response.

Not long after, he removed his hands from my eyes. Gifted back with my sight, I came upon a bridge that had a stream following beneath it.
A sign board with 'Downtown Park' stood tall before the forest of trees.

Jeremy dragged me to the center of the bridge by my hand, a playful smile on his lips. We sat down, our backs leaning against the thin mental bars.

"I want us both to remember this, this real love, every moment we shared over the past months, the thought that this road trip brought two opposites together...I want to be remembered by you forever, I want the world to know..." He placed a golden lock in my opened palm, which had ' S + J ' engraved onto it. Encouraging me, I opened the lock and we hooked the lock around one of metal bars.

Taking the key from his hand, I stood up and threw it into the slow flowing stream as far as possible.

He looked at me in shock, unsure why I did so. "We won't be needing that, cause that lock would never need to be unlocked...I love you Jeremy and I'll never stop." I leaned in for a kiss I've been dying to have, it was the first time I ever initiated the kiss.

It was gentle, slow yet passionate cause both of us knew that this night was ours and we would never walk away from each other. The truth was, we were utterly intoxicated with each other.

Pulling away from his lips, I brushed my fingers across his lips. " I'm ready." I said calmly.

"Well, I'm not. Skylar, I don't want you to get pregnant at this age an—" I interrupted him before he could say another word.

"I don't mean that, dumbass...I mean I'm ready to tell you about myself.." My eyes looked at the stream ahead of us, taking a seat beside Jeremy.

"You don't have to feel pressured Sky, really." he placed his hand over mine assuringly.

"I want to Jeremy. I want you to know everything. " I titled his chin towards me, giving him a dead serious look. Nodding, it was my hint to begin.

" When I was young, I never really had friends, call me the outcasted-badass girl if you have to. But that changed when a new boy came to my school in 5th grade. His name was Jonah Gustin. I don't know what got to his head, but out of all people, he chose to be my friend....friends, that's what we thought we would be forever... we got close, real close actually that girls were getting jealous.

I would be lying if I said I never felt attracted to him, and he too fell for me. By 9th grade, we were together—officially labelled a couple. Everything was better than I thought but not before I caught him kissing another girl up against the wall. To say I was heartbroken, would be an understatement. Knowing he was caught red handed, he chased after me as I got into my car.

He got into the car too, pleading forgiveness. I begin driving to his house, yelling at him continuously...screaming actually. As we drove over the deserted remote highway, I don't know what got into my head– I begin driving faster.

I couldn't stop the anger, frustration, resentment...hearing his demands to stop, I got even more furious because he didn't want to explain his actions, he said something along the lines that he was not allowed to. Being so distracted, I didn't notice the incoming car and bashed right at it. I managed to crawl out before the car blew into flames...but Jonah didn't make it. I fell into coma for a few days, and always had nightmares since then. It always seemed suspicious to me though, that that car that we collided with was on the wrong lane. I lost my driving license as a result and ever since, I realized I was the cause of his death.

I had to go for lots of therapy because of my temper and traumatic experience...through that, I built walls so high around my heart...not because I am afraid to get hurt but because I don't want to hurt anyone. My dad was screwed up guy having three marriages and my mum...she has cancer with so little time left I think.

When I came to LA, I actually got messages from 3W! already, and I caught this guy always watching me...and when I cornered him, I realized he looked exactly like Jonah and he even called me by my nickname.

So the truth is, my mind is just in a complete mess cause his brother claims that Jonah is alive, out to get me bac—"

"Skylar, I will never let anything hurt you." Jeremy interrupted, only then did I notice that I was sobbing and he was tearing up. He pulled me into hug, my head nuzzled into his chest.

"Why were you afraid to tell me this at the start?" He broke the silence, kissing my forehead.

"I thought you would look at me differently." I replied softly as he stroked my hair gently with his fingers running through it.

"Sky, I'm not any better and it's not your fault all of this happened...there is a reason why things happen, fate has a bigger plan for all of us." I lifted my head from his chest, admiring him.

He continued "Skylar, don't you get it? I just want you, that's all. All your flaws, mistakes, smiles, giggles, sarcasm. Everything. I just want you."

"Bu-but some people blamed me for his death, the people in school..." I trailed, still being hard on myself.

He gave me a small smile, as if he understood what I meant. " Remember when I blamed myself for the death of my sister and mom, and you told me not to...well now let me ask you something. Who are you going to believe? The mirror, people's comments, or the eyes of the man who thinks you have the most beautiful heart on the planet?"

I was at the loss of words. I didn't want to hear that I'm flawless, I wanted to hear that I'll still be loved, regardless of my flaws and he just made that come true.

"I'm in love with you, Jeremy Lockhart."

"I love you Skylar Torres." He wrapped his arms around me, as we laid down on the bridge, our eyes looking up at the stars. Deja vu once again.

"Maybe we are not so different afterall." I whispered, looking into his ocean blue eyes that held mine captive. A smile graced upon his lips, he repeated.

"Maybe we are not."

And in that moment I realized, Jeremy isn't just my world, he is my universe.

==========
// 🌴hey amazing people!!🌴//

I hope you liked this chapter as much as I did, our ship finally sailed! Comment on what you think about this chapter or even about the storyline, I'll love to know🌸

Love y'all so much,
🍁Celine🍁
|Vote|Share|Comment|