= Chapter 63 =

" Take me back to the middle of nowhere, back to the place only you and I share."

-Skylar Torres
=============
SKYLAR⚓️

Heading back to the hospital, I stumbled upon Kai who seemed lost.

"Hey Kai!" He snapped out from running in circles.

"Bless the lord, you're here! I need your help, this hospital is more confusing than my own house! Just bring me to Jeremy, would you?" He practically begged with puzzled eyes.

"Sure, I'm heading there too...but I wanted to ask you something actually." I held him by the shoulders.

"What?" He answered shortly, curiosity swirling in his eyes.

"You know...you told me about that girl you loved but she was forced to marry another gu–" he interrupted me.

"Oh...she...she left the town one night just like that, I guess she doesn't want anything to do with me. Either way, she's not coming back--" he stared down to his feet with a small chuckle of regret.

I knew he didn't like thinking about how he didn't get to be with her.

"Is her name Lilliana?" I questioned almost too quickly.

"...yes...how did you know?" His eyebrows pressed together a frown.

"...I saw her just yesterday, she—" he grabbed my wrist.

"Where is she?" His face held seriousness, something he was never known for.

"At the cafe near the underground wrestling arena."

"Of course! Why didn't I think about that?? Shit! I'll be back, Sky. I just- I just have to see her."

He dashed out of the hospital, shoving everyone out of his way without hesitation.

I, on the other hand, got stopped by the sight of a familiar nurse.
"You must be Skylar, right?" The nurse confirmed.

"Yes, any news about Jeremy?"

"The operation is successful, but he's still unconscious."

Heaving a sigh of relief, I placed my hand on my chest, calming its rapid heart beat.

"What's his ward number?"

"Sorry Skylar, but I can only release such information to his family members."

You've got to be kidding me? First, you chose to tell me his situation and afterwards, forbid yourself from telling me his ward?!!

I knew I had to find another way round this, giving her a shocked expression, I answered

"I'm Mrs Lockhart, his wife." It took me so much not to burst out laughing.

"Erm w-what? Aren't you a little young..." she muttered.

Make a scene, make a scene now.

My eyes wandered to her name tag before countering back. "What are you suggesting Alice? That young love doesn't exist? Hmm? I'm his wife, I deserve to know where my husband is!" I threw my hands in the air hysterically, causing her to nod profusely.